Home

Blasters vs Melee Balance

The Punisher

I seems like everyone wants to use firearms. I don't want to sound like a baby but, "I don't wanna use guns!" If I choose to Melee, will there be a balance enough to offset the fact that people with guns can, well, shoot me from far away?

EDIT: That bings up another point; can ranged wapons be used at close range, or will people have to unleash their romping skills if the fighting gets close?

Ya, if your agile enough you can fight your enemies at close range. Blaster won't really work well at this range, my guess. I'm going for a Brawler/Marksman character so that I can still be successful at close range *uses claws* :D

The game needs the ability to 'pistol whip' weapons, lol

Melee, if coming along like the Devs hope, will work very well. Sure, you'll take a few hits on your way to the target, but once you get up close, you'll reck them. The ranged weapons are almost worthless when you’re in too close with them, and if they're in some sort of special position (crouched, prone), they're easier to hit and you do more damage. So, to answer your first question, Melee will be balanced in this game, and maybe even have an advantage at some times. And IMO, every single person who uses ranged had better put some points into melee, or else they're going to be in trouble. I know I will.

Here is a perfect example, whether PVP or PVE. I plan on being a Creature Handler/Carbineer combo. With the 3.5 professions I should have approx 0.5 Prof points left. They will all go into the 1H Edged(or whatever the skill) category. The majority of the time I will send in my 1,2 or 3 Melee pets while I lay the smack down from a safe distance. A rancor should be very distracting.

It is safe to assume that if I die, my pets will no longer be effective. So in PVP why waste time fighting a pet, kill their controller. Obviously you will need some melee skills to defend yourself. So pull out the knife/machete/Excalibur/whatever and go for the jugular. While my pets will do most of the melee damage, it certainly will help with the added effect of my pig-sticker.

In PVE there is always the dreaded AGGRO so melee skills will be important there to. Regardless if you are purely Melee or Ranged, you will be at the disadvantage to someone who has a combo of the 2.

What is to stop a melee fighter from getting basic blaster skills, just to pop of a few volleys on the way in?

:mob:

Originally posted by -=ReApEr=-

I perfer hand to hand alyways have like my Hero Jango he use's Hand to Hand and gun's so im learning marksman and brawler skills :D:)

when did jengo ever use hand to hand?? i didn't see him throw a single punch. and i would probably pick bobba over jengo......seeing that jengo didn't even do his job........kill a bounty

:lsduel:

:yodaball:

Originally posted by Kaiser Spaso

when did jengo ever use hand to hand?? i didn't see him throw a single punch. and i would probably pick bobba over jengo......seeing that jengo didn't even do his job........kill a bounty

:lsduel:

:yodaball:

Ok first of all It's Jango not Jengo.If you read into his extended story's before he's killed he capture's lot's of bounty's.

Secondly if you look at the dvd of ep2 you see him punch Obi wan on the platform outside the clone factory on the planet kaminio(SP):D

So before you try to dismiss my hero it a couple of word's atleast try :)

Reaper, I know it's hard to ignore so much concentrated stupidity, but if we all ignore him, maybe he'll stop with the meaningless posts?

Back to the issue at hand, thanks all, I kinda thought that the combo would be the best bet, but hearing it from someone else is comforting. And yeah, poping a couple of baster shots as you run in to finish him off with a six foot claymore sounds delicious!

From what i've read, melee people will be able to do stun moves up close to people who have guns, so basically the way it is i think, is that if the guy with the gun doesn't kill the melee guy by time he runs up to him, melee guy will lay the smack down on his candy a$$.

Originally posted by Krymelord

Here is a perfect example, whether PVP or PVE. I plan on being a Creature Handler/Carbineer combo. With the 3.5 professions I should have approx 0.5 Prof points left. They will all go into the 1H Edged(or whatever the skill) category. The majority of the time I will send in my 1,2 or 3 Melee pets while I lay the smack down from a safe distance. A rancor should be very distracting.

You know I agree, and I am was plainning to work that combo. Well untill they screw over the Rancor/Carbs and make everyone reroll there characters.

Archived