Home

The combat system in SWG

Cosmos Jack

I didn't think the combat system was that complicated. I picked it up right away (from the movies and articles. Don't want people to think I'm in Beta).

First, you target...chicka-chicka

Now, you attack...Input Attack Key Here

Now, you have full range of movement. Forward, back, side to side. You can run wherever you want, just as long as you stay in your weapons range.

Also, you can do special attacks. These are the things like Headshot, Diving Shot and Take Cover, to name a few. When you choose to do these, your character will do a special animation. They aren't FF style animations where you spin your gun or something; they will be carried out realistically. The only catch is, you need enough points to carry out the attack. Some take from your Action pool (Diving), some from your Mind (Aiming). In the end, a complicated system that's easy to carry out, and offers diversity in every combat situation.

Thanks "Jackrabbit" that sounds allot better than what I thought.

Originally posted by StarWarsPhreak

I still wish it was like Jk2 shooting/movement, but I heard thelag would have beenunimaginable....

I like JK2 and all, but they mainly focused on saber moves. I know that's what the game is about, but some of the animation when you shoot weapons like blasters needs a little more work...

I really wouldnt worry about it yet- as soon as the NDA is lifted, there will be a flood of new information on these and other boards about game specifics which will make it much easier for you to make a decision on buying.

There are at least 3 of us that frequent these boards that have been accepted into BETA 3 *grins broadly*, and I'm sure there will be several more. If youre not sure you want to buy it yet, simply don't preorder- there will be plenty of time to buy later once you feel like you're better informed on the game mechanics.

JS

Archived