Home

How do you play?

.Templar.

I just wanted to know how many of you cheated even on your first time playing JK2 through.

I know I sure as hell did, I think its completely stupid to have a lightsaber go through a stormtroopers neck and out the other side only to do no damage to him and have him shoot me in the back - G_saberrealisticcombat 3 isnt even cheating if you think realistically with the SW universe, and it doesnt only make your saber do super dmg with dismemberment, it makes ALL sabers do realistic damage, so if you are in a saber fight, and you mess up once, your arm goes flying - not lame at all

P.S. That cheat makes Desann ALOT harder, if you dont believe me, try him, he takes well over 10 red hits still, and you die in one

I didn't cheat the first 3 times I beat JO, because I didn't know how. That saber combat thing sounds pretty lame; you could just walk into enemies without clicking, that wouldn't look cool. I always play with slomo, so I try to make cool kills, like the crouching yellow backslash!

The first time I played through the SP game (the only time) I chose to play on "Jedi Knight" difficulty (BIG mistake.. "Jedi" is enough).

I found the early "gun levels" and the first level after you got your lightsaber VERY tedious. I didn't cheat mind you, but I wanted to, on several occasions.

The levels were beautiful and the atmosphere grand, but the enemies were too fast and the weapons too weak and inaccurate.

Later on in the game there was at least one puzzle I "flew" over, I think it was the one where you had to jump from one pipe to another and another, etc while force field beams appeared on each one. I got really frustrated because I'd get almost to the top and miss the jump by a fraction of an inch over and over again (and loading took a long time on my pc).

Otherwise, I beat the game honestly (reloading more often in the harder parts). I replayed some of the saber duels because they were so much fun, and replayed large portions of the game again with cheats (especially the famous NPC spawn cheat and giving myself full force powers to control people and whatnot).

I used dismemberment and blood from the get-go, but I did NOT use saberrealisticcombat since its definately a cheat (it makes the saber TOO powerful).

Let me just say that the Lightsaber portions of the game in SP were the strongest part of the experience.

I enjoyed some of the missions as well. The "gun" levels could have been improved by making the guns and non-saber weapons work more like they did in Multiplayer, and the enemies respond to damage more like Bots do.

Jedi Academy will dispense with this problem by focusing more on lightsabers and force, but the gun battles really could have been improved greatly by simply tweaking the damage/speed of the weapons and enemies. If their intention was to make the game super hard and annoying without a lightsaber and force, they succeeded. ; p

Dark Forces and the early part of Jedi Knight didn't suffer from this problem, so I think I'm not totally off base here....

I went through the game and looked at the architecture the second and third times. The early gun missions had really nice ambience and creative design, but then later in the game it got kind of weak, but had it's highlights. I particularly liked the Bespin and Yavin maps, and I was impressed by the architcture in the Zero G mission, that was a really nice touch. The main issue I have is that this game used the same (amazingly good) textures over and over, and the actual architcture suffered in places because of it.

I also found the gun missions to be EXPONENTIALLY more fun the second time. You start to find secrets and I realized that this game had very good stealth capabilities, though they are often overshadowed by the big guns. I recommend going back and trying to play the first mssions like a ninja, It's alot more fun and really shows off the level of detail in the design.

Guys, just because you turn a cheat on doesnt mean you have to be cheap with it - Of course the saber realistic combat is a cheat and makes the sabers very powerful, but that doesnt mean you HAVE to run around just walking into people, I remember in that level where you fight tons of reborns, then an ATST before you jump into a little pit to the next level filled with electrical things you have to outrun.. I think it was cairn bay2 or something. Anyways, I remember the first 3 times I played thru it I reloaded simply because I got lame kills on the other guys, they would land an attack next to me and I would just accidentally tap them and they would die - So just reload it and play it fairly with the cheats on, like I said, you die just as fast too - Download a ladder map and set saber realistic combat to 3 and see how long you live, then call it cheap :)

• 3 weeks later...

For me, playing these kinds of games is all about continuing the "story" so if something didn't make good sense to me based on the prior games, or where things just seemed stupid, I would cheat if it made more sense.

For example, I used the weapons cheats to give Kyle everything but the saber at the beginning of the first mission because he already had those weapons in his inventory from the other games. It made no sense to me that a mercenary as experienced as he would show up with only a blaster. It made the game a lot more fun & took away from the complaint so many had that it sucked not getting the saber until so late in the game.

The other time I remember cheating the first time through was getting the Doomsgiver codes. That total waste of valuable space on a capitol ship for the purpose of hiding a comm code seemed incredibly rediculous. I no-clipped my way through that dumb mission & moved on in a hurry.

Originally posted by lllKyNeSlll

I have ahard time with SP. On padawan i probably can't beat it without cheating. I stopped playign single player in the garbage facility.

I feel sorry for you. Is that true? all you have to do is figure out how they act and suprise them from behind.

Archived