Home

Your chances of getting into beta.

Dr. Zaius

If you think about this logicly, then you have good chances of getting into the beta test. Here let me explain; Ok, the community on the main SWG boards just reached 500,000. And, the devs stated that there would be at least 50,000 beta testers. Do the math, and thats about a 1 in 10 chance of getting into beta. So just think positively, and you might get in.

hmmm... I used to feel sad for not being able to beta test SWG, however, when I think of it, I would prefer to play the full version as it gives me a fresh look and start, although having played the beta would give me an edge over the non-beta testers.

I'm sure in coming weeks that they will invite alot more testers. I don't want to sound mean or greedy, but I really don't think we need anymore. I don't know if I can say anymore with NDA, but it's for a good reason. :atat:

I'm not even going to try to get into beta, playing now might be discouraging due to any bugs, etc. Plus, I don't want to have any preconceived ideas, and be disappointed if the game is changed and certain features I liked were excluded.

And, 12.5% chance? That's a lot...

Originally posted by J.K Luke

hmmm... I used to feel sad for not being able to beta test SWG, however, when I think of it, I would prefer to play the full version as it gives me a fresh look and start, altough having played the beta would give me an edge over the non-beta testers.

I too would perfer to play the stable version, alot of people have said to be that they cannot play the beta due to stabillity issues. :)

Hmm....I think I'd have a good chance at becoming a Beta Tester. I was chosen to beta test PlanetSide, but I dont wanna, cuz you have to download it. 11 hours. I also applied for Final Fantasy XI.

I'd like to sign up for this beta test. How would I go about doing that?

EDIT- Zaius...by 12.5%, he was using the exact numbers, you ESTIMATED...so...thats how. :p;)

Dr. Zaius: a 12.5% chance, wouldnt it be 1 out of 10, or 10%? Please explain to me how it would be 12.5%

Hmmm... that would mean 500,000 subscribed community with 40,000 intended beta testers OR 625,000 subscribed community with 50,000 intended beta testers OR I'm totally wrong :D

Anyway, how do you know the main SWG community board has 500,000 Dr Zaius?

AcrylicGuitar:I'd like to sign up for this beta test. How would I go about doing that?

You can go to this link:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/

Just click on 'Sign up now'. You might need to subscribe to the website too

Originally posted by J.K Luke

Hmmm... that would mean 500,000 subscribed community with 40,000 intended beta testers OR 625,000 subscribed community with 50,000 intended beta testers OR I'm totally wrong :D

Anyway, how do you know the main SWG community board has 500,000 Dr Zaius?

You can go to this link:

http://starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/

Just click on 'Sign up now'. You might need to subscribe to the website too

Not subcribe, register. ;) And it is basically random in my opinion, that is what it seems like. :)

Archived