Home

Dungeon Siege II...is GO ;)

StormHammer

Yes, monster-bashing fans...Chris Taylor and the rest as Gas Powered Games are back in the driving seat, and are hard at work on Dungeon Siege II, according to an announcement by Micro$oft. Click here for the brief news.

Look out for the trailer that's supposed to be shown at E3. I want to see how they've revamped the engine...

*sings happily*

A hunting we will go

My axe swings to and fro

The monsters are all dead again

A hunting we will go...

:D

Originally posted by wassup

Hope they put more features in, like spell hotkeys, multiplayer saves, etc.

Yeah, I have to agree with you there. Although I liked a lot of the spells in DS, they didn't do the spell management well enough. If anything, there were too many spells...and I found myself carting around multiple spell books - with no easy way to switche between them in a combat situation without going into the inventory. They definitely need to fix things like that.

And being able to save a game in MP is an absolute must...especially for those of us limited to a 2 hour window of gaming time before our stupid 56k connections get auto-disconnected. :mad: *glares hatefully at BT*

Originally posted by Tyrion

It better have a storyline and role-played abilities this time

Yes, I agree with this too. DS was quite shallow in terms of story and role-playing. I did like the way you could adjust your character's class simply by using (practicing) with other weapons/spells. I liked the ease of that system, and it wasn't bogged down in lots of stats, like NWN. I mean, I like NWN...but it's a different kind of game, and a bit slower paced.

I hope there is greater role-playing in terms of the number of NPCs with whom you can interact, and have a wider variety of side-quests, like NWN. As for equipment...well, there was just too much of it in DS. I had 5 party members and a donkey, and all of their inventories filled up rapidly. If there had been a greater frequency of outlets for disposing of equipment for ready cash, it would have been a lot better.

Anyway...I did like the sheer variety and number of monsters in DS, so I hope they continue to provide that kind of variety in the sequel. They also need to fix some of the AI out of the box...

Archived