Home

Matrix: Reloaded!!!!!!!

Nitro

Random Points (spoiler free unless noted):

That rave/sex scene sucked badly, was pointless, and went on FAR too long. How the hell do you have a rave with no lights or speakers? Also, where were Trinity's plug things? The only good thing to come out of it was this conversation:

Me: *Keanu Reeves voice* "I know kama sutra"

Friend: *Morpheus voice* "Show me"

Guess you had to be there.

It's the furtue. You have plasma guns, hoverships, underground cities, brain jacks, but you wear BURLAP SACKS?!

There had better be some giant mechanized battle suit action in the next one. Those things looked cool as hell.

Why doesn't Neo just go "Hey everyone in the world, you're just living in a computer simulation. I can prove this by the fact that I can alter time and I'M FLYING FOR CHRST'S SAKE"

So if Neo can fly, and Smith can replicate/teleport, how could either of them win?

Most of the hand to hand fighting sucked. Very generic. (No one is harmed by bladed weapons?) Yes Neo, I understand that you know kung fu. I still want t osee people shoot guns at each other. A notable exception is when Neo turned phony CG and started working the light post. Hell yes.

How do you make babies in the matrix? Are there AI programs written for indiviudal sperm? Is the reproducive system faithfully reproduced(pun!)? How does the baby have a mind with nothing in the real world to back it up?

WTF is up with that French guy? I guess he's human, but still he's weird. Plus, that kissing scene was pointless and stupid. I'll bet Keanu wrote that in just to mack with her.

If the machines want to keep everyone calm and in the dark, why have two giant albinos with dreadlocks turn into medusa ghosts in the middle of the freeway?

Morpheus' face has tripled in size.

Are the humans in Zion out of nukes or something? One bomb or two would totaly wipe out that sentinel army.

*big spoiler*

Just to get the Architect/ Col. Sanders guy straight: The matrix is bound to screw itself up because of the machines' limited concept of human choices. So they usher Neo along to wreck it so it can be rebuilt to Matrix 7.0, RIGHT?!?!

Worst ending music ever.

Originally posted by Taarkin

It's the furtue. You have plasma guns, hoverships, underground cities, brain jacks, but you wear BURLAP SACKS?!

WTF is up with that French guy? I guess he's human, but still he's weird. Plus, that kissing scene was pointless and stupid. I'll bet Keanu wrote that in just to mack with her.

I had the burlap sack conversation with my brother a few hours ago (he also called them burlap sacks and demanded to know why they can't put a collar on a shirt). Think about it: you're living at the center of the earth. There's only 250k of you. Where are you going to get the cotton to make a decent shirt?

Keanu doesn't need to just kiss Monica Bellucci, because they got it on in some other movie.

Just saw it (as in just a few hours ago).

I actually liked the fight scenes, though the bad CG in the Neo/Smith/Smith/Smith/Smith. . . brawl was incredibly bad considering the caliber of the rest of the effects. My only explanation was that the Matrix tends to develop a framerate problem and switches to LoD models whan that many "cheaters" are playing. ;)

I think what Smith was doing was overwriting other programs with copies of himself --the fact that he could do it to humans reflects that the "real" world is ultimately just its own version of the Matrix. Much like Digimon actually (humans and digimon are both made of data, they just happen to be stored differently).

And of course the bladed weapons don't hurt people. Between "Chosen One" Super-Neo, and the fighting programs he was against (no way they were human, the way they were fighting), the scale of the fight is just beyond it. It's like Gundams using their shoulder-mounted vulcan cannons on each other. The "pester guns" are plenty destructive against personnel or normal MS, but against actual Gundams, they can barely annoy someone. If, say, a mere human had wandered into the fight, he/she'd have been sliced to ribbons.

I agree with Taarkin that the rave/sex scene was pointless. All they needed was the first few seconds of the rave, and cut to the end of the sex scene (where the vision kicks in). One of the key rules of writing is that every word on the page has to either further the plot or show character development. While I understand that those rules are different for movies (extended fight sequences, beauty shots, etc), I still think that every scene/sequence should serve some purpose.

I've discovered something about myself. I just don't have much of an appetite for carnage. The car battle sequence (with a likely [civilian] bodycount into the hundreds, possibly), like the gun battle in the first one, just left me feeling slightly ill. Far, far too much glorification of collateral damage for my tastes. Yeah, it suits the movie, and is realistic to the Agents and the "twins," but I just didn't love it as much as I should. I guess I'm just some sort of testosterone-deficient freak.

I did like the idea that some "programs" are benevolent, even friendly. A good counterpoint to the first movie's idea of humans willingly helping the Agents.

Ultimately: nice mix of everything. Martial arts sequences, philosophy, and romance (for me), with big FX, action, carnage and ultra-soft-core erotica (for everyone else).

I'm definitely going to track down the Animatrix DVD when it comes out (it's where Neo's little one-man "fan-club" is introduced). If ever a story screamed to be made animé, this was it. I'll probably also at least look at the Matrix game coming out, as it has bridge material between Reloaded and Unplugged. (That is the title of pt. III, isn't it?)

Best lines:

"You."

"Yes, me. Me, me, me."

"Me too."

NEO: Link, where am I.

LINK: You're in the mountains.

*Neo looks around at the very noticeable mountains*

NEO: :eyeraise:

The retarded sonofoabicth I saw it with didn't want to stay... But I'm going back tonight, so no hard done.

And Beastie, I have The Animatrix. All of it...

God, I love DVD screeners.

Originally posted by Flying Beastie

I've discovered something about myself. I just don't have much of an appetite for carnage. The car battle sequence (with a likely [civilian] bodycount into the hundreds, possibly), like the gun battle in the first one, just left me feeling slightly ill. Far, far too much glorification of collateral damage for my tastes. Yeah, it suits the movie, and is realistic to the Agents and the "twins," but I just didn't love it as much as I should. I guess I'm just some sort of testosterone-deficient freak.

B]

Also when

Neo was flying to save Trinity, killing dozens or hundreds in his wake

. In T2, Arnold and crew were also fighting to save humanity. But he didn't kill anyone.

Again, why doesn't Neo stage a public demonstration of his powers to convince everyone that the matrix is fake? Deliberately I mean.

Is there really even a general reason to go into the matrix for reasons other than recruitment? There aren'tany invincible teleporting Agents in Zion.

Again, why doesn't Neo stage a public demonstration of his powers to convince everyone that the matrix is fake? Deliberately I mean.

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so innerred, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

I'd fight to protect the Matrix. Hell, I'd try and hook up with Morvingian. They probably wouldn't like me, because I'm not a machine like they are :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm definitely going to track down the Animatrix DVD when it comes out (it's where Neo's little one-man "fan-club" is introduced). If ever a story screamed to be made animé, this was it. I'll probably also at least look at the Matrix game coming out, as it has bridge material between Reloaded and Unplugged. (That is the title of pt. III, isn't it?)

Mrph? The Matrix game - "Enter the Matrix" has bridge material between the Animatrix "Final Flight of the Osiris" and Reloaded. And the title of part three is Revolutions.

Or did I misunderstand your post? ^.^

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

"You have to understand, most of these people are not ready to be unplugged. And many of them are so innerred, so hopelessly dependent on the system that they will fight to protect it."

Besides, what would you do with several BILLION people all needing food and shelter, medical attention, and explainations all at the same time? (Remember what they had to go through with Neo when he came into the real world?) Especially on a planet where the surface is totally uninhabitable.

Originally posted by Kylilin

Just to clarify, its actually Merovingian. Named after a line of Frankish kings, starting Clovis I (481-511 AD). Which is why I guess he likes to speak French.

I don't know why I didn't know how to spell it. There was a possible explanation why he was named after a group of Frankish kings, but I forget why.

Originally posted by edlib

Besides, what would you do with several BILLION people all needing food and shelter, medical attention, and explainations all at the same time? (Remember what they had to go through with Neo when he came into the real world?) Especially on a planet where the surface is totally uninhabitable.

Their entire goal is to free mankind, especially when Neo goes to **SPOILER**destroy the core**SPOILER** but still a good point. Where do they get all their food? It was impled somewhere that Zion has real food, not that clam chowder-looking crap.

How do all these rogue AI programs contine to exist? Shouldn't it be easy for the "brain" or whatever to go

Are you sure you want to delete C:/Matrix/Programs/Agents/Agent_Smith.exe?

Y/N

How exactly did Neo revive Trinity? She was unconscious at the time, so her mind wouldn't have been around to say "Look, Neo reached inside and fondled my cyber-tits/jump-started my heart. It's ok, I'm not really dead"

God,.. imagine if they got to the center of the Matrix and it had a little Windows icon. Perhaps Agent Smith is only after Neo because he forgot to enter the proper .Net Passport ID.

Nahh... the Matrix has to be a Linux job. A Windows version would've crashed years ago. And think of all the security patches... although, they do seem to be able to hack in any time they want.

Did anyone else get the idea that the "twins" were just cloned programs (and not actually two different ones)? Possibly based on the "Agent" template (as in stolen) and extensively modified by Frenchy? He seemed to have access to a healthy store of one-of-a-kind programs, like the "Matrix v5.0" guards. (Or was I misinterpreting Persephone's line?)

And I maintain that what Smith was doing was overwriting other programs to clone himself. Presumeably, whatshisname (the guy who "survived" Zion) can never reenter the Matrix again, or he'll manifest as a Smith clone (and thus blow what little cover he has left).

Originally posted by Redwing

"Enter the Matrix" has bridge material between the Animatrix "Final Flight of the Osiris" and Reloaded. And the title of part three is Revolutions.

Ah, okay. My bad. I misunderstood the ad blurb (and just simply forgot the title :roleyess: ).

"Unplugged" would be apropos, though, given the effective loss of interface technology.

And no spoilers, but I have an idea as to how our heroes may get out of this. I'm not going to say anything, in case I jinx it, but it would be a fitting end for "Messiah" Neo.

And, about "Col. Sanders," can anybody clarify his comments about recreating/repopulating Zion along with the Matrix? Wouldn't that imply that Morpheus' "real world" is just an extension of the Matrix? If so then what's the real "real world?" Or does the Matrix have some sort of "training program," so that the *mumble* people than Neo was supposed to choose would be convinced that they were joining a reality already in progress? :confused:

And, about "Col. Sanders," can anybody clarify his comments about recreating/repopulating Zion along with the Matrix? Wouldn't that imply that Morpheus' "real world" is just an extension of the Matrix? If so then what's the real "real world?" Or does the Matrix have some sort of "training program," so that the *mumble* people than Neo was supposed to choose would be convinced that they were joining a reality already in progress? :confused:

Yeah, there are theories out there that the "real world" (Zion, tunnels, hovercraft, sentinels, ect) is really another matrix to give the 1% of 1% the illusion of chioce, but this seems stupid IMO.

Everyone that's been unplugged did have a choice to accept either Matrix. Red pill/Blue pill, remember? Blue pill, you accept the Matrix to be reality. Red pill, you accept Zion as reality. What no one knows is the machines outsmarted everyone hundreds of years ago and made Zion part of the Matrix and didn't tell anyone. So dozens of people accept Zion to be 'real' when it's really simulated and the machines go 'haha suckers.' Neo figures this out at the end of Reloaded and it blows his mind.

Originally posted by Nute Gunray

Everyone that's been unplugged did have a choice to accept either Matrix. Red pill/Blue pill, remember? Blue pill, you accept the Matrix to be reality. Red pill, you accept Zion as reality. What no one knows is the machines outsmarted everyone hundreds of years ago and made Zion part of the Matrix and didn't tell anyone. So dozens of people accept Zion to be 'real' when it's really simulated and the machines go 'haha suckers.' Neo figures this out at the end of Reloaded and it blows his mind.

If it is just anpther matrix (which would be lame beyond words), why would the machines paint themselves as bad guys? Why repeatedly wage war with the Zionese? I think Neo's pwning of the sentinels had something to do with the earpiece Smith gave him. It allows its user to communicate with machines. Just to reiterate, Smith is awesome.

Why do people in the matrix die randomly(like sudden heart attack, hit by cement truck)? A dead human would deprive the machines of energy and be stupid.

If the matrix were really to honor its agreement with Cypher, would he have gone crazy and rejected it because it was too utopian?

no, cypher said he wanted his memory erased before reinsertion into the matrix.

to address your first problem. A randomly dead person would mean lost crops for the machines, however, it is all part of the programmed reality of the matrix. If everyone died at the age or 75 without exception, I don't think it would be real enough for humans to accept. Thus huge numbers of people would reject the program and even higher amounts of crops would be lost.

If it is just anpther matrix (which would be lame beyond words), why would the machines paint themselves as bad guys?

The Machine don't think they're the bad guy. They're hardcore. Rediculously hardcore. If you haven't seen the Second Renaissance, watch it. The Machines are clearly evil, but they would say otherwise. And look at what the Architect said when faced with the question of what would happen due to the Matrix being destroyed. "There are certain levels of survival we are willing to accept." Even when faced with a Machine Holocaust, they shrug it off like it's nothing.

Archived