Home

Colosseum WIP

clu

Nice one El :) I'd be with Lassev on that, on JK2Files they put Prison_Escape under SP and Occupation under Mods and the two never really tied up...but also like Lassev I fear you so consider that something he said!

Errr, what I originally intended to say was...Clu, I remember now I emailed Massassi the last few files and they didn't go through, some problem with the email server and sending from certain accounts I guess. You could email them a link to somewhere the file is uploaded, like your site or pcgamemods, and they download it and put it up on their site, normally poste haste!

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Kengo. I sent Massassi a link about a week ago, maybe I'll try emailing again.

I of course voted full 10 for this map.

Thanks Lassev! Very kind. Regarding the mods vs. single player thing, I think Eldritch posted it under both sections. You know, I once called Colosseum a mod, and one of the guys on this forum jumped all over me ("it's just a map!" he said). I guess I really still never understood the difference.

Hey Eldritch, if you're listening, a couple of people posted some comments about problems downloading the file. Something about only getting 44 megs (instead of 67). Anyway, just thought I'd pass it on.

-clu

Sorry about that, guys.

Sergio neglected to tell me that 44 mb is the cap for ANY file, not just submissions. So even though I uploaded the entire thing to the website, people can only download 44 mb of it.

Sergio has taken it down temporarily until we figure out a way to host it.

Hey it happens. I appreciate that you're even willing to host such a massive beast of a file.

Anyway, I posted a comment in the forums section in response to some queries redeirecting people to my site in the meantime if they're dying to play it (hope that's ok).

Anyway thanks again, Eldritch

-clu

Hey Eldritch, you're going to kill me, but if you see this post, would you mind changing my "author's name" on pcgamemods to:

Clu (Jake Keating)

(instead of just "clu"). Huge apologies for annoying you with another request. I tried PMing you but your inbox was full. No hurry whatsoever, just wanted the full name up there as well as the nick if possible.

Thanks again for everything.

:cheers:

- clu

<edit>

Again...please don't worry about this if it's a real pain to change. I know you're probably swamped with your new duties.

</edit>

My brother played it. I was loving every second! Would you kindly make those models for MP? :D

I've 2 questions for you:

1. When it says "Move forward to exit" does it actually end? It didn't for him.

2. In future versions, are you planning on adding animals for fights? More maps for more of a compaign?

Tis' all for now.

Thanks again for the feedback.

Originally posted by Hellfire Jedi

1. When it says "Move forward to exit" does it actually end? It didn't for him.

2. In future versions, are you planning on adding animals for fights? More maps for more of a compaign?[/b]

1) It should trigger a cutscene when you exit the Colosseum

2) Future maps are hopefully a possibility, but I may wait until Jedi Academy is released to see what's possible with that (MP too). It looks like we all may be able to use some of the skeletons in JA to do some more interesting beasts (lions and tigers are on the top of my list) :D

For those of you that tried to download it from pcgamemods, the second zip file ended up being corrupt as well (it opened in winzip, but failed on the PK3 extraction).

Sergio told me to just upload another try through the web form which I did last night (hope this is OK, Eldritch...). Massassi also said they are trying to get the file up.

-clu

Yeah, it's no problem clu. Sorry about all the mishaps with the file, but apparently the version I had downloaded on my computer was corrupt. :eek:

Still, I think it's the highest rated file ever at pcgamemods.com.

It's got a 9.9 with 45 votes. It's definitely the highest rated JO file.

I say again, nice work. :D

SWEET! :eek: Dude your awsome, Best SP Mod Ever

Future maps are hopefully a possibility, but I may wait until Jedi Academy is released to see what's possible with that (MP too). It looks like we all may be able to use some of the skeletons in JA to do some more interesting beasts (lions and tigers are on the top of my list)

Awsome! Very GJ man! :thumbsup:

*runs off to play some more* :D

Thanks for the feedback. Hey, not a big news item or anything here, but just wanted to post back to say massassi temple uploaded the level (just psyched they put it up). Colosseum 1.0 is now available at:

pcgamemods

My site

The Massassi Temple

Still no word from jk2files :confused: Although I did try submitting it to commandchamber.net at someone's suggestion. Of course jediknightii.net seems like they haven't updated their files section since the early 80's.

-clu

<EDIT>

Also, not a big breaking news item either, but I updated my site to add a feedback section and there are also a couple videos to download (really more for people who haven't played it yet...one of them is the intro movie from the level).

-clu

</EDIT>

Archived