Home

Sniper Weapons

ewok mercenary

Just a few comments concerning this and related topics:

There are some gamers who have never played Dark Forces but want to. (*cough* ME *cough*) If the gameplay was altered too much in this upcoming mod, the same gameplay experience that gamers love about Dark Forces would be lost and new players wouldn't be able to experience that "old school" feel. Still others can no longer run Dark Forces on their new computers and are dying to play the game again. One must keep in mind that the goal of this mod (please correct me if I'm wrong) is to revive Dark Forces in it's entirety on a new gaming engine. I've never played Dark Forces, (what?! I did NOT say that earlier!;) ) and the finished mod I would like to play would emulate the original game as much as possible so I can finally say I have played the game that started it all. (well, the JK series, anyway)

btw, progress looks good. Keep up the modding magic!:fett:

But you have to remember the gameplay on the original game was very limited, and if it is kept exactly the same as the original, it could get very tedious, very quickly. IMHO I think this mod shouldn't just be for nostalgia's sake, it should be more varied and enjoyable for anyone to play.

Well, it sounds like you've played DF before, ewok, so you would be more aware of the game's limitations than me. Now that I think about it, I could see how a direct port would be boring. I just don't want anything too radical, I guess (like the fusion cutter releasing mini-nukes:p )

• 3 weeks later...

Don't ruin the gameplay of Dark Forces! I've played it and I don't want to have new weapons or anything. The game is great but in this time it has to old graphics. I want the mod for the NEW graphichs and the OLD gameplay. It may be included as a code or something but nothing more I think, that will ruin the gameplay.

I haven't played Dark Forces since I was a little kid, and I didn't even remember anything about it until I played the mod's demo. I would prefer that the mod be kept as accurate as possible to bring back the memories. Save the E-11 sniper scope for the MotS TC. :bounce1:

Archived