Home

Republic Units for SWGB2 - Poll

Darth Windu

What extra unit should the Republic have for SWGB2?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What extra unit should the Republic have for SWGB2?

• Republic Assault Ship
    • Clone Repeater Trooper
    • Clone Sniper
    • Clone Flame Trooper
    • Other (Specify)

Hi everyone. As you may or may not know, i am developing a template that i think would be useful for a future SWGB2.

At the moment, the Republic needs one more unit, and i would like to know what the board thinks would be the best choice.

Republic Assault Ship - large transport for mass movement of mechs and troops. Useful to follow up an assault by gunships with loaded Assault ships to consolidate your ground.

Clone Repeater Trooper - slightly longer range, but far greater firepower and rate of fire than ordinary troops. Good for defending against a massed infantry attack.

Clone Sniper - fast trooper with a very long range, but slow rate of fire anti-infantry unit. Most useful to assasinate targets such as officers, medics or workers.

Clone Flame Trooper - short range flamethrower can do large amounts of damage to any unit or building caught in its attack. Good as taking down walls or defensive positions, and mechs if you get close enough although the unit is slow with low hp's and when destroyed will explode, damaging all units in a small radius.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I vote for Sniper. Although we've seen Bounty Hunters do some sniping, the Republic are the only military force that has the ability to have large numbers of snipers. Their standard issue firearms (which I'm sure some EU-literate person will name for me) have the ability to be used as a sniper rifle.

I don't care whether we have Snipers or not, but I would like to see some ability for the Clone Troopers to use their weapons in Sniper mode as the EU says they can do (and this is supported by the shape of them in the movies). Perhaps this goes back to my idea of having "Trooper Abilities" for each civ, which made Troopers more usable and emphasised their difference from Mechs. This probably isn't the place though, I might put it on one of the other threads.

should i be a pain in the butt and post 7 different threads now for the other civs and their additional units? ;)

aren't the republic strong enough already? shouldnt they be weaker since they'll be nearly wiped out at the end of the next movie? as a matter of fact, in the next game the republic wont have cloner units, they'll be the empire's at the end of the movie. the republic will be made up all of aliens and robots. so the clones may as well be for the young empire. or at least dont call it a republic unit.

Originally posted by Darth Windu

sith - no, because this thread has nothing to do with what sort of sets will be used, simply the final Republican unit.

LOL, I'm sure that you'll be sending the final poll results to gary... so he has your final approval as to what the game will use. dude, sorry but in the grand scheme of things your poll is pointless in that if you're not working on the game why bother?

Developers and designers come up with the balance for these games. The key word is BALANCE. And no matter what happens in the new game, you still won't be happy with it. And you'll complain to have more units added in an expansion pack and you still won't be happy until you get a GUNSHIP as strong as Simon the Killer Ewok...

... waits patiently to be once again added to Windu's ignore list.

pbguy - i am doing this becausei would like to see a SWGB2, and would like the community involved in drafting an outline of what the fans would like to see in SWGB2 so that, if it is made, the developers would be able to look at the template we have created and have some sort of idea as to what the fans want, for example more unique unit sets.

If you dont want to be involved in this, fine, but i would like to have the whole board involved so that my finished concept will have a broader appeal in relation to the fans and a more stable foundation.

Ok then, the current Galactic Republic units are-

Infantry-

01. Kaminoan Worker Droid

02. IM-6 Medic Droid

03. Clone Trooper

04. Clone Rifle Trooper

05. Clone Commander

06. ARC Trooper

07. Jedi Knight

08. Jedi Master

Mechs-

09. Clone Trooper on Imperial Speeder Bike

10. AT-XT

11. AT-TE

12. SPHA-T

Aircraft-

13. AA-9 Starfreighter

14. Jedi Starfighter

15. Republic Gunship

16. Republic Dropship

Ships-

17. Utility Trawler

18. Republic Frigate

19. Republic Cruiser

hence, there is one space left for another unit.

Archived