Home

Republic Units for SWGB2 - Poll

Darth Windu

What extra unit should the Republic have for SWGB2?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. What extra unit should the Republic have for SWGB2?

• Republic Assault Ship
    • Clone Repeater Trooper
    • Clone Sniper
    • Clone Flame Trooper
    • Other (Specify)

For starters it was Captain Needa, not Piett :)

Those are all good points you make Corran, I don't wholly disagree with anything. EXCEPT for the fact that you believe Captain Needa might have been wrong. This seems a bit of a silly way to make something continuous with the movies. "This guy said that can't be possible" "He was wrong". Mon Mothma was different, the Emperor deceived her. I don't think someone would deceive Needa into believing Cloaking Devices can only be fitted to large ships. By using the "He was wrong" argument we can ligitimise any bit of contradictory EU: "How can ysalamiri (sp) exist? Yoda said the Force is everywhere and it binds everything together." "He was wrong".

Now I don't mean to turn this into a Movies vs EU debate even though I love them so much. I'm not saying cloaking devices don't make things invisible or anything. But I think "He was wrong" is a bit of a silly way around continuity errors.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yes but if you know your darwin species evolve through a need to survive and on mykr the only creatures who hunt through the force known as Voskrs live which by some happy chance are the same planet Yslmiri live on now does that get through to anyone or am i being TOO SARCASTIC

the for the moment what i said is tripe i REGARD EVERYTHING that is not movies or official factfile as fanfic garbage i don;t go in for this cannon garbage it's official or unofficial rubbish. star wars is more than a film it's like saying harry potter are just the books. puhleeze in the novelisation of most of the films it puts in extra or deleted scenes i don't suppose you'd use that in your preciuos eu film argument which is in the WRONG thread as per usual. and for cloaking devices in star wars they make sure light rays and sensor rays don't illuminate it it also MAKES THE SHIP USING THE THING BLIND AS WELL i'd say that in their would be pretty balanced and one other detail they cost an arm and a leg for a ship the size of a star destroyer

Actually it would be so badly underpowered if it's blind.

If a fighter has a cloaking device similar to what Viceroy says, then it would crash having no functionning instrument. If it has to decloak to attack, it kills the purpose of a cloaking device(à la SWGB1).

If a small ground transport was cloaked, it would have the lousiest LOS ever not knowing what's 5 feet ahead of him or unable to know where possible hits come from. If it's detected it's a sitting duck but then again it won't get far.

EXACTLY0 i0 wasn;t0 suggesting0 thsat0 every0 unit0 have one it would be expensive and if you used jedi you could use them to co-ordinate attacks that's personally what i think jedi should get as a sepcial ability instead of any stealth upgrade.

Power0 Of 0The0 Force

It0 would0 be0 a0 technology0 that0 enhances0 accuracy0 armour0 range0 and nearly all catagories0 for units when in the presence of a jedi or sith master and if one of those were onboard a cloaked ship they0 could0 co-ordinate0 with0 a jedi on an uncloaked ship. and0 like i said there are tactiacal uses like i dunno if it's space based cloaked asteroids if it's unmanned and is just meant to orbit until said orbit decay's. WHY would it NEED0 sensors0 the0 cost0 alone0 would balance it out it0 wouldn't be helpless0 just0 goive0 it0 loads of fighters around it and they wouldn't realise and would give it a line of asight i think it could fill a tactical neiche

I did, Viceroy. Why don't you wait for more tha one person to reply before you have a tantrum?

Not a bad idea for Jedi, though it encourages their use as supporting or leading units and leans away from them acting alone, which is often what Jedi do (Obi-Wan on the Death Star, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon on Naboo, etc...)

This harkens back to our Officer debate.

Archived