Home

JO SP maps in JA?

Reprehence

Can we load up single player maps from JO into JA for play? Will there be some help in making changes so we can do this? Obviously since we don't have access to any of the SP JO maps, we can't make changes to them, but it would be nice if the changes aren't so profound that I could still type:

map ns_streets

and play that level with the new tricks.

That's a good question. I have a gut-feeling that you won't be able to play SP JO maps in JA...due to changes made to the engine. It would be good to have a RavenDev view on it, though, to be sure.

Welcome to the forums, Reprehence. Have one of these...

jedimedal2.gif

Enjoy your stay. :)

Originally posted by mariners2001

well seeing as it's a separate game and not an expansion....no. it probably wouldn't be in their rights.

i still think it should be an expansion...it doesn't look that different...$50 for a game with nearly the exact engine? i don't know

As has been stated before (several times now), the engine has absolutely nothing to do with JA being a full game or a perceived expansion.

It is the content and storyline, in my mind, that will make JA a sequel, rather than an expansion.

It's a bit like saying RTCW, EF, JO, Heavy Metal FAKK2 are all expansions of Quake III, because they are on the same engine.

Just because many of the assets and gameplay mechanics will make the transition from JO to JA, does not automatically turn the game into an expansion. Of course certain things will have to remain the same...because for one thing, it's a Star Wars game, so you expect to see Star Wars content. You use a lightsaber, so you will expect to see lightsaber combat. You can't radically change this kind of thing, because a lightsaber fight will always be a lightsaber fight, IMHO. Personally, I'd hate to see them go for a completely alternative control system, for example, just to make the game appear different to the preceding one. That doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

From what we've already read in articles, JA's SP will be longer than JO's, there's a different story, a different (less linear) way of completing the game, character and lightsaber customisation, new MP mods, more vehicles, etcetera etcetera...

I mean, would you class Terminator 2 to be an expansion of Terminator 1 because they're both on celluliod, have the same characters, the same kind of action? :confused:

Archived