Home

Best way to learn to play good

DuBa

If you are learning from someone, try to gauge his cheapness. Don't get taught about the game by some newbie 1-move-wonder, it will set you back in MP considerably. I learned from this guy called Rye a long time ago, and just by watching him I learned how to play well. The trick is adaptability. Once you know all the moves, use them. All of them, not just the "good" ones. I find that any strategy can be broken, but if you constantly change your strats, your opponent will have to struggle to keep up.

Also, don't confuse wins with skill. If you are playing on a stats server, and see some level 40 dude or something, don't figure that he is invulnerable. One of the greatest thrills from this game is when the newbie kills his first pro.

Bots are not the best fodder, as far as I am concerned. They are too predictable, even to novices. Play against other novices, and learn from them. If you/they don't mind losing a few times, you can learn a lot more from 10 matches with people than from 40 matches with bots.

Archived