Home

SETI@home VI

Nitro

Me.

At the moment I seem to be at the top of the list as far as members still involved in it, and #3 overall. Yay me! ;)

XWA Group Stats

As you can see, I still have a loooong, loooong way to go before I can overtake Chewie or Ike. If either of them ever get involved again, I'll never catch up. As it stands now I'll only need about another 6 or 7 years before I move up to the next slot. ;)

I have my home PC (PIII 933) and my work iMac churning away. The Mac blows thru 2 units for every one the PC does.

As soon as my home network is finalized I'll have my 2nd PC (PII 300) churning them out as well.

Sorting thru the results page, this appears to be the complete list of those still submitting results to the XWA group, (based on the date in the last result submitted column):

edlib

BrunnenG

Flashhawk

Nitro

Jabba The Hunt

With Nute Gunray and Marcos Edson both apparently pulling the plug earlier this year.

I wish I had a 3 Ghz...

Anyway, just wait till next August/September. I'll install SETI@home on as many of my school's PCs as I can. Most of em have PIII 800Mhz Processors, although there are 5-6 with 32MBs of RAM and a Pentium(Yes, just Pentium). Surprisingly, they also run Windows 98.

That's OK, every unit counts.

Like I said, my work machine is much faster than my home (gaming) machine.

I don't let the one at home process in the backgound, only ehan the screen-saver is active.

At work I don't care. Plus, the Macs seem to have a distinct advantage at this. The performance doesn't take as much of a hit when it's running. Different type of processor I guess.

Archived