Home

What kind of computer are you gonna use?

Goose_Of_Mercy

What Internet Provider are you guys gonna use to b/c I want to upgrade from 56k especially if my new comp is:

($1360.15)

AMD Athlon XP rocessor 2700+

NVIDA nForce 2 DDR440 AGP 8x Motherboard with USV 2.0

1024MB Dual CHannel DDR400 Memory

120GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 Hard Drive

16x DVD-ROM

52x24x52 CD-RW ROM

128MB ATI RADEON 9600 PRO 8x AGP Video

5.1 Channel 3D Surrond Sound

Creative Labs Inspire 5.1 5200 Suround Sound Speakers

19" Viewsonic E90 .23mmH Monitor

Windows XP

1 Year Tech Supoort

Everything except the monitor and the speakers (which are black) are blue and the Case is see-through with blue Cadeon lights (like neon lights but better).

I think I got a good deal and hope it doesnt suck in 3 years =[

Also like I said above what do you guys like as a DSL provider...fast, reliable, cheap? Thanks.

~SK~

swediot=)- Yeah that computer will run great! Congrats! :D

Goose_Of_Mercy- Your system sounds awesome too! Only thing I would change is to go for a p4 instead of the 2700+. AMD's are great up unto about 2500 but from there on the newer p4s with the 800mhz FSB really take the lead. Check out http://www.tomshardware.com for some benchmarks. Oh and I have road runner cable internet from Time Warner. I've never had any problems with it but like DSL, it might not be available where you live. Oh yeah, and for all the people who say that cable slows down as more people get it...that may be true, but i've yet to notice it any ;)

goose:

hmm well since u live in colorado i can't really say which isp u should go with.

verizon in california has the worst routes to almost everything.

but it is very stable.

if u play any fps games as well, i reccommend charter cable or earthlink dsl.

ya swed YOUR COMPUTER SUCKS!! haha jk.

its damn good.

i'm savin to upgrade when the pci express bus comes out (1 year?!?)

I'm gonna use my Black Dell PC. Less than one year old. Pentium 4 it meets the marks.:) But I don't know the specifications really what if it doesn't ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'll shoot Lucasarts. MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :rifle1::explode: OH MY GOD BOGO KILLED LUCASARTS!! YOU *******!!:p

Archived