Home

Roleplaying and clones

Kaiser Spaso

You are SO wrong, Jan. I wanted to be a Gaarni too, but the devs wouldn't let me because they said there can only be ONE Jan Gaarni. I mean, after all, how many men can have a girl's name? Apparently only one, because they wouldn't let this girl be you.

I was so dissapointed I had to riffle through star wars novels to find a second choice, and the future girlfriend of the whiner-Jedi was the only one I could pronounce with my limited education.

Bacta tank? Well, not that innovating an idea, I've heard discussions about since when SWG started being discussed by star wars fans. But I totally agree; it's a much, much, much, much better idea. Especially for roleplayers.

And yes, Mara Jade is way too good a catch for that whining farmboy jedi wannabe. ;)

. I mean, after all, how many men can have a girl's name? Apparently only one, because they wouldn't let this girl be you.

Set, Set, didn't you read this?!? :eek:

Where's my support?!? Where's you telling her off!?!

I'm deeply hurt now, Set. :eyes3:

Anyway, Jan is a Skandinavian name, and it's a guys name. Only english speaking people would ever consider naming a girl this. :D

j/k ;)

By the way, I seem to remember a guy in Star Wars being named that too, wait, who was it again ... oh right, Jan Dodonna! :D

Damn, I'm going to get beat left and right over my name arn't I. :p

Fine. I'LL BAN YOU ALL THEN!!!! :D

j/k ;)

ok that all good but what happens to you if you die and you never cloned yourself?

Then you die. :D

Seriously, most likely your character will be reset to when you first joined the game with it at some cloning facility.

Worst case scenario though, you will have to start from scratch, by selecting and configuring your character in the character selection meny again, but I kinda doubt this though. ;)

Originally posted by Danyx

I actually, came up with an alternative to cloning on SWG-RP boards and then it went to the beta boards and caused no less than 6 pages on each of two separate threads including huge supporters, and the best of flamers alike

Cloning was reserved only for the Emperor. It was outlawed at the end of the clone wars because they started going insane. McClones is not part of Lucas World. Unfortunately, the packaging was already made before I first posted my idea and was too late.

Change all references of clone to bacta tanking. Change cloning center references to Recovery centers. Change death to near-death experience.

Luke passed out on Hoth, woke up in a bacta tank. There's, like I said, 12 pages before the beta-board wipe and one thread restarted by a guy named Zante who took my idea and ran with it.

Since it cannot be changed at this late point, I, for one, will be roleplayiing the clone tanks as bacta tanks and the cloning center as Recovery Center for those with wounds beyond what they can handle at the medical center. McClones is always on the edge of a town, so I'm rping they put it there because, simply, bacta stinks to high heaven.

Yeah, I had a problem with the cloning idea when I first heard it...now I don't care...Lucas has F*ed over EU countless times...don't see why he would care about doing it again. I mean in a clone how would you incorporate all your memories? They have to be taught them all over again and they won't be real memories then...something another PERSON had. It just seems a bit outlandish to me... :|

I think the Bacta idea is very good, but like you said it's too late.

Archived