Home

Antitrust 2: The Return of NURV

Writer

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"So much for the privacy you wanted..." Danni muttered, finishing his sentence. She looked at the camera feed and watched as John entered. Lisa didn't seem particularly thrilled that he was there, but she did not send him away.

"Turn the sound up," Danni ordered. David complied just in time to hear Lisa say, "What is it?"

"How would I know?" Lisa demanded in an angry whisper. "I haven't been here much longer than you have." She glanced around. "Come on... let's go out to the back yard."

She walked casually down the stairs, deftly avoided Milo and slipped outside.

In the computer room, Danni's eyes were riveted to the screen. "Did you see that?" she whispered. "She just..." She was at a loss for words.

"I'm not really a writer, i mean I'm ok at it, but not really. Gary sent me as well, he called me and gave me quite the offer, so i said yes, and i found a way to get myself in with these guys, and by the way, they know you're with Gary, and now they probably highly suspect i do too. But i have my ways, I'm telling you this just so you are informed of who's on what side and to tread softly." John said as they walked down a path.

"How should I know?" Danni demanded. "It's not my house!"

"Relax and talk," Lizza said, coming into the room. "What's going on?"

"It's beginning to look like we lost our playwright," Danni answered angrily. "Do you have cameras in the yard?"

"Of course," Lizza answered. "We like to be able to keep an eye on everything that happens here... inside or outside."

Danni breathed a small sigh of relief as Lizza reached forward and changed the screens to the back yard cameras.

Lisa swore softly. "How did they figure it out?" She rolled her eyes. "Of course! That little...." She shook her head. "LoverGirl distracted me while LoverBoy checked my room..."

In the computer room, Danni stared at the screen. She turned to David. "LoverGirl?" She swore softly. "They know about us."

Lizza chuckled. "Who in this house doesn't?"

"We act like nothing's happened," Milo answered firmly as he entered the room. "Lisa may know we know about her, but they think we only suspect John. Danni, didn't you mention once that you had a little writing experience?"

"Well, yes, but..." Danni began.

"You're the new writer," Lizza said. "We'll still have John writing his two scripts. That way, he'll still think we trust him. But you'll be writing the one we actually use. When John finishes his two, he'll send both to Gary. But he won't know about the one you're writing."

"But he'll know what Ryan looks like," Danni objected. "We can't do this now..."

"A little alteration of physical appearance goes a long gway," Lizza pointed out. "We can outthink them."

"Maybe so," Milo agreed. "But Ryan won't simply be showing up."

"What do you mean?" Danni wondered.

"Hey," Milo said, "you're the writer. That's for you to decide... he needs a good reason to be there and it can't be like what we did to get into Gary's house the first time."

"Now we go back into the house as if nothing happened." John said as he went back inot the house and into the room where he was writing the play. The bodies were stil there, he grabbed his knife and cleaned it off and put it back in the leg holster. He then ran from the room and tried to find someone.

"uhm g-guys, there are still d-dead b-bodies in the room I was i-in."

Lisa slipped back up to her room, unaware that Lizza, Danni, Milo, and David were watching her. Ryan heard John's comment and went to him.

"Your room and just about every other room in the house," he said. "Here, use my room for now. I'm sure Lizza will take care of them soon enough."

"I can see that," Milo muttered as he watched Lisa return to her room. Then, he turned to Danni. "Get writing."

She nodded and went to the room she'd taken.

((Yes, this is a very large house... in fact, it should more be called a mansion.))

Archived