Home

any new beta stories or old ones that are really good?

themercifulone

I have one...

Ok, I was at the local Gamestop earlier today to pre-order my SW:Galaxies and I paid in full. As the clerk was printing the receipt, I asked for a Beta disk. He said that he had gotten a Beta disk a while ago and that he had to put some time into it later tonight.

I said, "Hey, dude. I want the Beta disk... for... FREE...for me."

He replied: "No. We do not have any Beta disks like that and it would be pointless to give them out so close to release anyway... Yeah, we gave all those out, I mean the ones we were given, a while ago. Sorry."

And I was all like, "Man, sad to hear. I wanted to pre-test my computer for it and such things."

"I have this collectors edition disc for ShadowBane if you want it. It is really meant for those who pre-order ShadowBane, but you can take one," he offered, feeling sorry for me.

"Screw that. I hate ShadowBane and I spit upon its offspring," I responded politely with a sarcastic smile.

He then proceeded to hand me my receipt after I paid my $52.49 in cash. I then walked out smiling and wishing that Knights of the Old Republic was out so I could sample it.

This encounter is near to complete a full encounter of fiction, save the $52.49 and the handing of the check upon me. :D :D :D

Originally posted by Sunshine Badass

I have one...

Ok, I was at the local Gamestop earlier today to pre-order my SW:Galaxies and I paid in full.

Do you by chance live in southern california? in Aliso Viejo maybe? the only "GameStop" I know of is there and I go to it all the time.

Now mind you, this is an early story, so I've done this with three guys now, and soon think I can successfully lead a squad of two.

I first asked everyone what their primary weapon was. 3 were good with Pistols, one with Carbine and another with Rifle. The rifleman also had a little pistol skill, including Healthshot1 and Body shot 2. So I devised a plan based on their strengths. Four of us would focus on Healthshot for our first three shots and then swicth to Bodyshot until it died. The guy with the carbine would take the brunt of the damage, but since I was the most experienced Scout, I would pull and he would step in front to take the heat.

Everything went as planned, until......

Munkey Madness (This guys is an idiot, so watch out for him.)

This guy keeps backing up, even though I warned him about the three witches behind us. So now, we lose three guys behind us, because they followed the coward like sheep. Now, Arca and I are standing our ground and luckily get taken down by the rancor. He was immediately attracted to the smell of blood behind us and took out the last of our squad. Humorously, dropping five seconds after taking him down and giving Arca and me 3500 XP a piece. We would have only lost one to two members of the party to incaps and none to DBs if they had just listened to me. Just goes to show you, tactics can defeat statistics. I almost led a five man squad to victory over a Rancor. Jeuke and I had previously thought it could only be done with a ten man squad or larger. Technically though, Arca and I survived.

....of course, once we stood up, the three witches attacked us and DBed us rather quickly, but that's besides the point, we could have taken more rancors if Munkey Madness hadn't backed into the witches.

GRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!

This was originally posted on my PA's forums, I'll see if I can find more.

Archived