Home

Planned out

-=ReApEr=-

If I were you, I'd consider dropping one of the advanced weapon skills. The reason for this, you can only use one weapon at a time anyway. I will say this though, I haven't been able to do squat against a good sniper until I was right on top of him. I normally don't make it that close though.

Pistols are better for being out in the wild, as when creatures get too close, Pistol users take the least damage.

I think Pistol users take 105% damage against melee

Carbine take 125% and Rifles take 150%

I could be off though, they've tweaked it a couple times since then.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Switching equipment takes time. I've heard of people attempting to be successful at what you are implying, in the end, they all pick a weapon and stick with it.

One of DS's beta testers loves his rifles, one his carbines, but most of us stuck with pistols. Pistols are better for soloists, hands down. We have a rifleman, he rocks at PvP, as most snipers do, but is aweful alone, and refuses to travel very far alone.

Honestly though, you're going to find your own play style. If you feel the loss of one to two actions is worth switching between weapons, then so be it. Here is my last two cents on this:

Each weapon type has it's own special moves accoring to your skill level. These specials damage one specific pool:

Pistol: Bodyshot (damages body), Healthshot (causes body to bleed. Both drain the health pool.

Rifle: Headshot (damages head), Mindshot (causes head to bleed), both damage mind pool.

Carbine: Legshot (damages leg), Actionshot (causes leg to bleed), both damage action pool.

Now does it make a little more sense to stick to one weapon? Unless your desired profession requires Master Marksman, it's a waste to pick up more than one weapon.

after some more consideration, i still think i want to be a master rifleman and pistoleer, and adapt to the situations that i need them. i am also going to have skills in survival IV, hunting IV, and exploration IV under scout. and use my remaining skill points in the carbine skill branch in marksman. i want to be able to snipe if i choose, or use my pistol if i walk into the middle of a fight, or just need a weapon to use up close. im pretty sure im going to be a mon cal because i havent seen many people saying that is the species they want to be. there really is nothing special about them, but i dont really care. my only other preference would be a wookie.

Well heres what I planned out, which I hope works and works well. I went full (IV) in engineering and buisness on artisan. Mastered Armorsmith. Went IV in everything in Merchant except Management. And Master in Tera Kasi and IV in Brawler Unarmed Combat.

I have a few questions to ask....

Whats Surveying and is Vendors needed if I have a NPC to sell my goods when I own a shop...?

How is mine?

Scout:Master

MarksMan:Master

Brawler: Master in One Hand sword Combat , intermediate in Un Amred and Two Hand sword combat(also intermediate)

Bounty Hunter: Master in Investigation, and Bounty Hunter Pistols

Fencer:master in Fencing Stances and Grips and master in Foot work

now i found it to be some wat well rounded..i ahd no points left tho.. plez tell me if u think it might need work and how can i change it... yes i know everybody seems to want to be a bounty Hunter but i hope its a bit diffrent..again help me..:mob::lsduel:

One minute I think I'm happy being an Explorer with Ranger and Carbineer, then I read some more posts and I wanna change. Now maybe I'm thinking ranger and rifleman so I can be a sniper, but if I'm out running around Endor I don't wanna run into some brawler and get my ass handed to me because he was inside my rifle's minimum range.... Although I don't wanna be running around and get sniped either. Blah!

Maybe it'd be cool to be a Zabrak with green tattoo's so you're camoflaged in the wilderness, of course then you're a sitting duck on Hoth. :rolleyes:

I think I'm gonna be a chef. :D

Originally posted by Neost

How is mine?

Scout:Master

MarksMan:Master

Brawler: Master in One Hand sword Combat , intermediate in Un Amred and Two Hand sword combat(also intermediate)

Bounty Hunter: Master in Investigation, and Bounty Hunter Pistols

Fencer:master in Fencing Stances and Grips and master in Foot work

now i found it to be some wat well rounded..i ahd no points left tho.. plez tell me if u think it might need work and how can i change it... yes i know everybody seems to want to be a bounty Hunter but i hope its a bit diffrent..again help me..:mob::lsduel:

Yes, your choices will work.

-------------------------------------------

Surveying is a crucial artisan skill in the beginning. You need it to gather your resources to make your wares. I guess possibly in the future you MIGHT be able to purchase raw materials but at a high premium. IE, most artisans mine for themselves unless someone takes up the survey and Eng IV to mine and sell these materials.

Vendor +1 is having your NPC to sell your own goods.....

Archived