Home

Converting Model for Quake3 to JKII

Not sure if this can be done, but can somone convert this model for Q3 to JKII. I tried just placing the .pk3 file where you would with a normal model, but that didn't work, so I opened it up and tried arranging it like the other .pk3 models for JK look like but I screwed that over and now it crashes every time I try using it :( . If someone could convert that model, that would be awesome...if not, thanks anyways.

Its a model of Rei Ayanami from the Evangelion series, heres the link:

http://www.planetquake.com/polycount/info/quake3/rei/rei.shtml

Quake 3 and JK2 are based on the same engine but JK2 requires a different rigging.

-Quake 3 uses character studio, JK2 uses the skin modifier

-Quake 3 generally has 2 segments, JK2 uses 9 (hierarchy)

-Unlike JK2, Quake 3 doesnt have caps

-Quake 3 has built-in/customizable animations, JK2 uses the same file for every human player model.

-JK2 uses the ghoul format, while Quake 3 uses .md3

So i guess you'll never have any luck with a Q3 model in JK2. Now you just have to find someone to do it.

yeah i know theres some kind of limit from what someone else had said before about the jk2 skeleton. and some of the q3 models are really huge, theres a limit to that also correct? all the models from jk2 have to meet a certain hight level correct?

Models are huge? no problem, this aint like real life, you can rescale the meshes you know ;).

Converting a Quake 3 model is possible, just find someone to do it, that's the hardest part.

When i replied to arcane571, i simply told him why he cannot take a Quake 3 pk3 file and expect it to work in Jk2: unless the mesh itself has been rigged following JK2's specification.

Archived