Home

What happens when my character dies?

Jedur

When you die, you are "cloned" at the closest "clone station" to where you died. In other words, you "respawn" at the nearest "respawn point" from where you received your unmerciful "death blow.":D

You can pay to be bound to a cloner and not suffer any penalties when you die except for things you did not "insure." I will get to "insurance" in a bit. If you do NOT choose to pay to be bound to a cloner, then you are "cloned" at 50% wounds and must seek medical attention to gain those wounds back.

Insurance: A fee you pay for items before you die, so that WHEN you die, you are cloned with those item son your character. Otherwise, you must go a'corpse huntin' to get you uninsured items back. Nasty business that sometimes.:D;):p

You can pay to be bound to a cloner and not suffer any penalties when you die except for things you did not "insure." I will get to "insurance" in a bit. If you do NOT choose to pay to be bound to a cloner, then you are "cloned" at 50% wounds and must seek medical attention to gain those wounds back.

To add to that:

If you are bound to a cloner, but you died near another cloning facility, you will suffer the same penalties as if you were not bound anywhere.

You can only be cloned at the nearest station to where you died. No matter where you are bound to.

So if you are bound to a cloner in Mos Eisley, Tatooine, and die in THeed Naboo, you will be cloned in theed, not Mos Eisley, but with 50% wounds.

While you can always go and reclaim any items etc. from your corpse, it can be dangerous and take a hell of a long time if you died say, out in the plains on Endor.

Also, the penalty for dying without a clone are awful, 50% wounds (in fact I think it may be 66%) takes a LOT of time in the Medical Centre to cure. If you have a good Doctor or Medic helping you out then it will not take as long, but it does involve a lot of sitting around and regenerating.

I had a team of about 3-4 Medics curing my no-clone wounds and that took about 15-20 mins. And you would definetly be lucky to have that many Medics attending to your needs. So, in short, clone!

Mas,

Archived