Home

SWG outside of USA

MysticalMelody

Even when the game is actually meant to be played within North America, can I still play it from outside of the USA? I really really really want to play the game and I'm fearing I might have to wait way longer for the game to finally come to Europe.. that would be unbearable! :mad:

Originally posted by Luey Fubar

I'd only resort to buying a US copy if I had ADSL... which I should be getting in a month or so. I guess I can wait for the european version.

Yeah same, though I realy want the game lol i rather wait due to a few reasons

1. I'll have ADSL [theres going to be alot of patches after it goes live]

2. I'll have a better comp [Mines crap atm, GeForce 2mx 64mb]

3. More bugs will be fixed

And for all the people who cry:

"we want to be there when it all starts when everything happens, like player houses the first PA's!"

well hmm you will be... Coz euro get there own servers. So it will be from the start..

Originally posted by MysticalMelody

When will those euro servers be there though? Right when the game gets released or do we have to wait for them? (weeks? months?)

The Euro servers should open when the games is released over here. I dont think they will open Euro servers while the game is only released in US that would be silly lol :p

Like The Devs said there keeping it in US to test the servers and Iron out all the problems. THEN they will worldwide release SWG

Originally posted by NL_Ackbar

guys

there are euro servers at the start

uk,german and france

only these servers are in the usa on the east side

eclipce wil be the uk server

Realy? so there are not going to be any Europe servers in Europe lol? hmm thats pretty lame...

So guess that means no New Europe server when the games is released IN Europe? If so, so much for what i said above lol

or wait about atleast a month more for the Euro version.. alright that really sucks..

Hmm if you want to play i would Pre-order the game now from US I hear that the Euro beta testers didnt have much lag on US servers

As it could be 2-6months before they release SWG in Europe lol...

Originally posted by MysticalMelody

Yeah, I already saw Amazon UK has it set on 26th December this year.. that's way too long considering you could just buy the US version and already be playing like next week..

Yeah i my plan was to wait till Europe release then play with all my friends [Not all want to pre-order + a few of us need to upgrade] And then all start on one of the new Europe servers...

BUT if what "NL_Ackbar" says is right.. then we only get 3 servers.. well realy 1 server, yet US get 17 lol?

I hope that is not the case

Originally posted by SSJ4Goku

Hey, guys, I'm not a Euro player, but I thought you should know, those servers that are french, german, uk, those are unofficial. You can see for yourself in Q's post: http://boards2.station.sony.com/ubb/starwars/Forum3/HTML/133282.html

I know it doesn't really help much, but there ya go, laterz! :D

Ah good i Guess it will be like AC2 then when the game is released in Europe we will get are own data centre with are own servers, I hope lol, ty for that link :)

or it could mean where only getting 20 servers and there all based in US :\ which will suck for everyone who doent pre order it as they will be going into a pre build server

The game is built such that we don’t want to segment the population too much so at this time we do not have an “official” PVP or RPG or German etc

Sounds bad :\

Originally posted by Sim Fubar

The Euro servers should open when the games is released over here. I dont think they will open Euro servers while the game is only released in US that would be silly lol :p

Like The Devs said there keeping it in US to test the servers and Iron out all the problems. THEN they will worldwide release SWG

Wrong you are, us servers are Euro servers. All the servers open A-Z, if you don't belive me someone will correct me soon. ;)

there will be servers based around the whole world later.... the euro servers will NOT be based in us.... the asian servers will NOT be baswed in us and the Austalasian servers will NOT bbe based in us.... the first twenty servers are all us because its only being released in the us..

why the hell would european servers ever be based in the us??

Originally posted by swediot=)

there will be servers based around the whole world later.... the euro servers will NOT be based in us.... the asian servers will NOT be baswed in us and the Austalasian servers will NOT bbe based in us.... the first twenty servers are all us because its only being released in the us..

why the hell would european servers ever be based in the us??

Woo wooo calm down, i said i am waiting for someone to correct me, but i am right about them opening up in A-Z right? And even the europe servers will open for the US. :)

Is that bit right? :confused:

Friends, friends, friends. Let me clear up a few...misundestandings in here.

The US East Coast servers that you state are European are not European servers. They are unofficial english, german and french servers, meaning that they are just usual servers with a tad more european players on. Oh, and there's a lot of confusion about Eclipse, because some claim it an unofficial UK server, and some claim it an unofficial Europe server. But mind you, these are unofficial european servers, nothing else. They are just 'european' because a lot of players said so.

A European server is a server located in Europe. These will exist upon European release, not earlier. These will be located in Europe, and have a lot more europeans on them than the unofficial servers.

The opening of servers in alphabetical order after release is only for the US servers. They have nothing to do with European servers.

Is it clearer now? :)

Archived