Home

Favourite Monkey Island Sideshow-Character

Another attempt to bring this forum to life:

The question is: Who's your favourite Monkey Island character?

To make this a little funnier I want to you name a minor character...which means that Guybrush, LeChuck and Elaine are not the answers to go. Alright? Let's get his started.

I'll probably go for Stan although I have to admit that I didn't even like him that much back in SMI. I liked the way he returned in every game though and that's why my (straight!) love for him has been growing ever since. Can't wait to see what he'll be selling in MI5. Hmm, actually one could make a whole new topic out of this question. Maybe I'll do so......later on.

Anyways, your turn!

I would go for Blondebeard, but you already knew that ;)

It's a funny and crazy old guy that runs a restaurant and no one can complain about his food. He's also obsessed with El Pollo Diablo, the giant demon chicken, releasing his chickens and scare the customers away. I don't think we will see him again on another Monkey Island game though.

I'd go with Guybrush. You just gotta love this guy!

He's got humor, courage, a great sense for trouble and other good stuff, a great way to handle out problems. The man named because of a PC program and a contest. The man that started the whole plot. The man you'd be proud to call 'brother'. He's THE MAN!

Originally posted by Meathookly

I'd go with Guybrush. You just gotta love this guy!

But we're talking about sideshow characters here, Meathookly...which means that you'll have to choose somebody who's neither Guybrush nor LeChuck, nor Elaine. Have you actually read my post? :)

I'm suprised no one picked Murray who is my favourite CMI Character.

In 1 and 2 my favourite charcter would be Stan or Largo. In 4, Herman Toothrot proabably, or Timmy ;)

The Character I most want to return in MI5 is Largo so I'll for him as my overall favourite character!

Originally posted by JRThomas

But we're talking about sideshow characters here, Meathookly...which means that you'll have to choose somebody who's neither Guybrush nor LeChuck, nor Elaine. Have you actually read my post? :)

Not really... :D

I read it now, though.

Maybe good ol' Largo, ya know. Just a shot-out, but I really thinks he's needed to the MI plot, ya know. After all, he WAS LeChuck's right henchman.

Hmm... this is hard, you guys have already named all the characters I like...

Guybrush is always good, but of course I cant say him...

I guess I'll have to go with kid Guybrush (can i do that?) from CMI. The way he walks is just hilarious.

In LéChuck's Revenge, there was a Voodoo priest who was present with LéChuck in his fortress. I can possitivly imagine that if the scenes that were cut from the game were not cut, the Voodoo priest would appear in them. The fortress looks to be a pretty detailed place, as was the Voodoo Priest's Mask. I am safely saying that I think he had a much bigger role.

I just looooove Murray.

And Marco Pollo! Marco Pollo is just so great. And the ghost in LeChucks church :p

Oooh. I love 'em.

Marcooo!

Polloo!

I love the blonde waitress, Elayne. Look at the size of her... ponytail!

I've always liked the Courageous Captain Kate Capsize, but mostly because of her cool name, she didn't really do that much... other than that, I'd have to say the men of low moral fiber. They're so funny, and they should definently show up in the fifth game. If they don't, I will become needlessly angry and violent.

Archived