Home

Fusion Cutter Update

recombinant

Since it didn't make much sense to post this in the "Invisible NPC" thread, I thought I'd create a new one to post the update on the Fusion Cutter...

The first iteration did not have the projectiles aligned diagonally with the muzzles of the FC (they were just horizontally aligned, so it looked a little off). Additionally there was an odd gap between the projectiles that needed adjustment.

So, after playing around with the code for a bit I think I've got it looking much better than the first round:

FusionCutter070203a.jpg

FusionCutter070203b.jpg

There's still an issue with the sequencing on the primary fire that Salv pointed out to me privately, but that shouldn't be too difficult to fix.

:holosid:

OK. The fusion cutter sequencing issue is fixed, and it behaves closer to the original: back-n-forth (1,2,3,4,3,2,1...) instead of sequentially (1,2,3,4,1,2,3,4...).

Thanks go to Salv for pointing out that issue! :D

Thankfully this was a rather trivial fix, and the resultant effect looks much better!

That looks like one freaking huge fusion cutter. Otherwise it looks good, but it's just way too big, takes up way too much of your field of view. Load up the original DF and pull out the fusion cutter there for comparison.

Immod: It's cooler to play with it than to just see a screenshot... :D

Jeff: I'll let Salv address that comment since it's his domain. I just make it work - I don't design them. ;)

Personally, I like the scale of it. It makes it feel like it's a heavy duty weapon/tool used in Gromas Mines. Very industrial feeling...

Archived