Home

The tragedy that is....

Xizor's killer

Total duel time was 5 minutes, from when the doors opened (man that was sweet) to when he falls down the hole.

The coolest part of that scene - and the whole movie - it is really hard to describe, youll have to know what I'm talking about ...maul swings saber, ben reaches back over head and blocks. Then maul swings his other blade around, in about .01 seconds, and ben brings his saber over his head (as if he is swinging in the "red" stance in jedi knight II the game) and blocks it with the front of his blade. As I said, you probably have to know what I'm talking about already.

That was the coolest part of the movie. That, and all the scenes with Natalie Portman. 3heart

Originally posted by Tufkad

Total duel time was 5 minutes, from when the doors opened (man that was sweet) to when he falls down the hole.

The coolest part of that scene - and the whole movie - it is really hard to describe, youll have to know what I'm talking about ...maul swings saber, ben reaches back over head and blocks. Then maul swings his other blade around, in about .01 seconds, and ben brings his saber over his head (as if he is swinging in the "red" stance in jedi knight II the game) and blocks it with the front of his blade. As I said, you probably have to know what I'm talking about already.

That was the coolest part of the movie. That, and all the scenes with Natalie Portman. 3heart

Definatly!

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't like Maul's death. At all.

His saber was "ON" when we see Obi jumping over him... Why couldn't he block Obi's saber? Or when Obi jumped, he could just move a little to the side to position himself in a more "defensive" stance, then start the fight again!

As for the space battle, IMO it sucks. We only see that stupid little anakin trying to do something. And don't forget that the movie is called Star Wars; IMO, there should have been more space battles.

Originally posted by Darth54

His saber was "ON" when we see Obi jumping over him... Why couldn't he block Obi's saber? Or when Obi jumped, he could just move a little to the side to position himself in a more "defensive" stance, then start the fight again!

Its something thats called surprised, it happens when you dont expect something that happens :D

But yeah, the whole fight was kinda fake and not cool. It looked too much like a choreagraphy learned by heart. In the hangar for example, you think Maul is fighting the 2 at the same time, but no, theres always one of them on the floor or doing useless swings around maul. The one in episode 6 was much more intense and emotional ! The one in ep1 was just a show of special effects. . .

Originally posted by another_trooper

Its something thats called surprised, it happens when you dont expect something that happens :D

If I see some freak jumping over me with a lightsaber, I would not stay idle, even if it is a big surprise.

The scene is most like the one at the end of AotC, when anakin loses an arm. He just stays there, like this : _0_ , with both of

his arms completly vulnerable to Tyranus' attacks.

But yeah, the whole fight was kinda fake and not cool. It looked too much like a choreagraphy learned by heart. In the hangar for example, you think Maul is fighting the 2 at the same time, but no, theres always one of them on the floor or doing useless swings around maul. The one in episode 6 was much more intense and emotional ! The one in ep1 was just a show of special effects. . .

This is so true man. The first time you see Ep1's fight at the movies, you're like :eek:. After the 10th time, you start to realize a couple of things...

The one in ep1 was just a show of special effects. . .

I prefer calling it.....

a show of a real jedi versus sith fight...

In the first trilogy we only saw a fight between 2 old guys and 2 more fights that were more based on the emotional ways (which i really liked)....

First time.....TRUE JEDI FIGHT :D

As for the space battle, IMO it sucks. We only see that stupid little anakin trying to do something. And don't forget that the movie is called Star Wars; IMO, there should have been more space battles.

Yeah i agree he was just pressing buttons you could tell he was told to! This comment I made a witty remarke for when i first saw it. Especially in the hangar.

'O.K lets try this one. Oops wrong one'

*Xizors Killer slaps crappy little 12 year old*

'Get some acting lessons!'

"Artoo get us off this Autopilot it's going to get us both killed!"

"Serves him right for messing around in a cockpit!"

That got a lot of stares coming my way I can tell you!

• 3 weeks later...

Well. Firstly, I think Maul should have had more of a background or a link to the story. In the original trilogies you knew who the enemies were and what there story was so you cared more about the fights. Maul just seemed like a random guy to me. Secondly, the original duels were better. They werent as fancy or high tech but they were more powerful, tactical and believable (ie not just memorised choreography). Thirdly, the space battle was crappy. It had no suspense and you couldnt really understand what was going on outside of Anakins cockpit. Well thats all my ranting for now.

PS. Original trilogy was much Much MUCH better.

Not a fair fight.

First he had fight both Obi and Qui-gon and he had to fight Obi after he defeated Qui.

That did seem to fair too me even with his light sabers it was'nt

Never the less i one of the best battle scene in a movie.I even saw.

:maul: sleep evil one Maul

(sorry for spelling)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was more upset with Qui-Gon's death than Maul's, I still remember myself thinking "*gasp* Filthy cheater!" when Maul stabbed Qui-Gon after stunning him for a moment by batting him in the face with the hilt.

But anyway, Maul probably was surprised to suddenly see his prey leap out of his trap and turn against him. It was short and powerful, much like everything about Maul's appearance. It was done well, and served it's purpose.

This is so true man. The first time you see Ep1's fight at the movies, you're like :eek:. After the 10th time, you start to realize a couple of things... [/b]

I don't know about everybody else, but I haven't had the patience to sit through Episode I 10 times.

Well, I haven't seen it in years, so I can't talk about the specifics of Ben surprising Maul.

But it shouldn't have been longer.

all you see for quite a while in the film is sabre fighting.

And Ben was using his anger to win.....anger implying speed rather than haste, and so a quick end. If you're fighting for 10 minutes rather than just 5, it's pretty hard to stay so angry and active.

The fights in the other films laster longer because there was more of the chatting and circling around each other.

But when Ben fights Maul, there's nothing to say.

Archived