Home

What do u guys think of this?!?!

Blademaster_109

Originally posted by Blademaster_109

obsiouly he does, cause its coming out when he said.

and the noob was me.

If it doesn't come out in September or October than I'll find a monkeys ass and kiss it...

and besides I was talking about the person u were quoting....

Yeah! I'm a bit disappointed with LA :mad: I want at least an update once a week about the game. I mean is it really that hard? The other games are getting much more coverage it seems yet most of them aren't as close to releasing. Lately, it has been slow regardless of what game but I haven't seen a JA thing up in a looooonnnnnnnng time. They have to hype up the game to get the news out to more people.

Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for the updates and all. Esp, Mike, thank goodness. How would I have made it without him popping up now and then :) But I just wish there was more. I wan't to be hyped up about the game so much that I'll wake up early to go buy it :D

Marketing is about timing and avoiding saturation. LA is still riding KOTOR, which is still very new in the market. They also have the GameCube tie in for Rebel Strike. They have to be very careful about over-pushing 3 Star Wars titles at the same time - 4 if you think about the XBox release of KOTOR as a separate lauch (I do!). They also have all of those other games they are working on, some of which also hit this fall/winter.

Also, JA has an established fan based, and FPS games seem to get much of their press through industry new sites - like GameSpy or BluesNews - rather than the company's game sites. Honestly, for many people, with the exception of a REAL release date, the JA site is fine to show the game.

I still expect that in the next few weeks we'll start to see things cranking up for the game.

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

I still expect that in the next few weeks we'll start to see things cranking up for the game.

I agree. I suspect that at the end of August we'll start to see a real marketing push for this game...

Originally posted by Prime

I agree. I suspect that at the end of August we'll start to see a real marketing push for this game...

LA seems to be doing some internal prioritization ... KOTOR has hit its' stride, so chances are those internal resources are freeing up. Also - did you notice that Full Throttle just got cancelled! That will also have an impact.

Mike

September 16 is an estimate, no game release date (apart from the spawn of satan Enter the Matrix) has a definite release date.

And if it IS released on that day, it means I'm going to have a serious, uh, *cough* that week.

Oh btw, Half Life 2 has been delayed until Christmas, and no reason was given for the delay. [Maybe some one already mentioned this, but if not: Have you been living under a rock?]

No HL2 hasn't been delayed officially. Vivendi Universal Games said it yes, but then Valve said they're still aiming at a 30 september release, and after that Vivendi too said Valve was working for a 30 september release :confused::rolleyes:

So as for now, I'll think it isn't delayed ;)

Archived