Home

Full Throttle release dates

I just realized something else.

Check this page out. According to that page Broken Sword 3 will first come out on XBOX in the USA and it will only be $29.99. When it comes out on PC 2 weeks later it will be $39.99.

Why the price difference? And why isn't the normal $49.99 being charged?

Also, it doesn't appear that BS3 is coming out for PS2 in the US. I went to Dreamcatcher's site and they don't have it listed either. Why the change?

Does anyone know what the PC system reqs are going to be for that game? Because if I can't get it on PS2 I'm not sure my PC can handle it.

Re: price difference: That is rather odd. It seems similar to the 10 dollar difference between Syberia on XBox and PC. My guess is that the average BS3/Syberia player is going to be more of a PC gamer since adventure basically exists almost completely in the PC market, so publishers figure they can't afford to charge full price for adventure on a console. Regarding the overall discount from the standard 49.99, my guess there would be that adventure in general is simply not as big a seller as it once was and it's playing it slightly safer to make it a bit more affordable. I think it's a good idea. It'll be softer on our wallets of course, but it will also make it easier for people like us to convince not-yet-adventure-gamers that the game is worth their money.

On amazon UK BS3 is shown as

£22.49 for PC (compared to an average of about £29.99 or sometimes £34.99 if they think they can get away with it i.e. GTA3)

£25.99 for PS2 (compared to the average £39.99, though amazon tends to sell at £29.99 anyway)

and not yet listed for xbox.

They're pretty good prices here too, and the first 2 BS games were big hits, and weren't there a number of publishers interested in getting their hands on BS3?

That prices are very odd. It's a known to all that consoles have prices to their games much higher than PCs....dew to the name of the console(that you buy also the name) or something like that....

So can they do this fall on the prise without problems or are they risking it thinking of waiting many more sales so gaining profit??

Archived