Home

Model Scaling?

The Cheat

Originally posted by The Cheat

I was just wondering, does anybody know if model scaling will be possible automatically with Jedi Academy or will it have to be a mod for the game?

I believe one of the devs said that there won't be any Yoda-sized models available in MP, as it wasn't considered fair to have a guy who presents a smaller target and would be more difficult to hit. We know there are Jawas in SP...so there must be a smaller model format in there somewhere in SP. Whether that can be transferred easily to MP is another matter.

However, I believe it will be fairly easy to make a mod to get pint-sized characters running around, although there would be this obvious balance issue in MP. People using smaller models would be at an advantage unless some way could be found to balance things out. My own view is that a smaller character should not be able to run or move as fast, which might compensate a bit for their smaller hit size advantage.

Weeeeeeeeeeeeelllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll,

I downloaded a Yoda model once, but then I remembered OddJob from Goldeneye 007.......

Anyone who went OddJob had a really sh*t advantage 'cos nobody could land a decent shot on him/her.

But if JA is more focused on saber combat then I'm pretty split on the topic. Height doesn't matter a damn in a saber duel really....;)

Originally posted by The Cheat

I was just wondering, does anybody know if model scaling will be possible automatically with Jedi Academy or will it have to be a mod for the game?

As has been mentioned, I don't think it will be in there. But then again, apart from Yoda, how many small characters are there?

Originally posted by Prime

how many small characters are there?

Well, Yoda, Jawas, Ugnaughts, R5/R2 units and those little pit droids.

But those guys suck! If I'm in a saber duel, I like scrapping with someone my own size. It's more realistic I think. (Please, no Dooku/Yoda duel crap)

;)

Archived