Home

MI 5 is coming

iceqb

i got this from (the best) belgian gamesite games.telenet.be:

posted on: 03 june 2002 (a little late to post this but i didn't see it before)

Zeer goed nieuws voor de liefhebbers van het uitgestorven adventure genre. Lucasarts heeft bevestigd dat ze plannen heeft om een vervolg op Monkey Island 4 te maken. In een interview met Tom Sarris, PR-manager van Lucasarts, bleek ook dat ze zich ook zullen ontfermen over de oude reeks om deze draaiende te krijgen onder de nieuwe besturingssystemen.

Meer gegevens hierover lees je op de world of monkey island website.

Een mooi gebaar voor de oldskool gamers en een fantastisch vooruitzicht voor elke adventure freak! --> this in english:

Very good news for the lovers of the died out adventure genre. Lucasarts has confirmed that they have plans on making a sequel on Monkey Island 4. In an interview with Tom Sarris, PR-manager of Lucasarts, it also seames that they also will make sure you can play the old games (1-2) on the new operating systems. More details about this you can read on the world or monkey island website.

A beautiful gesture for the oldskool gamers and a fantastic prospect for each adventure freak!

... yes, this is ancient news. If I remember the quote properly, he said they will definitely revisit the Monkey Island series but development or anything hasn't begun.

So basically, a MI5 is going to happen eventually but not for a while.

Yeah.

"You've also got the Grim Fandango and Monkey Island adventure franchises. Will you be looking to resurrect those?

I'd say so. I'd say that they're extremely viable properties for us to tap into in the future, in the same way that we're doing with Sam & Max. There's no reason why we can't adapt those to another generation of games players. I think there are stories that still remain to be told within Monkey Island and Grim Fandango."

Archived