Home

Star Wars Prequels

Compa_Mighty

RotJ took a lot from ANH. And we knew Anakin's arm got sliced off, since we saw that it was mechanical in RotJ--it was basically what brought Luke back from the brink, realizing that he was treading on the same ground as his father.

There are similarities between Luke and Anakin's lives, but we've known they were going to happen for a while.

Originally posted by Jedi_Monk

RotJ took a lot from ANH. And we knew Anakin's arm got sliced off, since we saw that it was mechanical in RotJ--it was basically what brought Luke back from the brink, realizing that he was treading on the same ground as his father.

There are similarities between Luke and Anakin's lives, but we've known they were going to happen for a while.

What did RotJ took from ANH exactly? Except their return to Tatooine(which can't really be taken into consideration) and the second Death Star there is nothing.

As for Anakin's mechanical arm we can't say that it was only his right arm. Why not th left one? Who knows it might have been mechanical too.

I think Lucas tried ro use AotC to link the two trilogies but he tried too much...such as the death star appearing in Confederate hands...I mean... wtf? It ruined the original Death Star...All the time this weapon was supposed to be the greatest symbol of the evil of the Empire and now it's ruined because we see it in confederate hands.

The Second Death Star is enough, man! Seriously! :edeaths:

Personally, I wish the final confrontation between Luke, Vader and the Emperor had taken place in the Imperial Palace, as Lucas originally planned it. But the FX weren't there yet for him to do that :fist:

And how does the DS being designed by the Separatists ruin it? Both the Separatists and the Empire are under Palpatine's control, one directly, one through his Apprentice. Palpatine is playing them one against the other to scare people into giving him emergency power! And, if the DS plans are discovered, Palpatine can put the blame for this atrocious death machine on the Separatists and retain control of the Republic without scandal. It makes perfect sense to me.

Whatever point you're trying to make about the mechanical arm is lost on me :¬:my point is, we know his arm was sliced off at some point, since we see that he has a mech-hand in RotJ, so why not have it get sliced while he arrogantly takes on a Sith Lord all by himself?

when the death star appeared i was so ecxited that only Yoda fighting could have make me more excited.

The appearance of the death star was SO perfect made...

How the weapon was first started to be planned and by whom. Lucas made that perfect.

As for annie's hand...Except that after, he will become more like a machine and lucas showed as how that happened.

Lucas made a perfect connection with luke in the fifth when luke lost his hand (jedi) from his father (sith). A connection that shows that Anakin will fight dooku at the third and kill dooku (as luke had to do in the sixth) so as to enter the dark side completely...

(:eek: is dooku anakin's father???? ............:p )

It ALL makes sence perfectly...

The circle of history repeats....;)

• 2 weeks later...

People seem to forget that everything bad that is said about the prequels - bad acting, bad script, over-reliance on special effects, etc - were all said about the original three movies. Science Fiction is not the most well respected movie genre, but amongst that Star Wars is the greatest Science Fiction movie ever - nearly every poll I've seen says so. The prequels look and feel different, yes, but they are still very much the same, and people fail to realise this.

On a side note: Jedi Monk, your knowledge impresses me. It seems you are a Star Wars scholar much like myself. Try the Star Wars Trivia in my signature, I'd be very interested to see your score. I've been searching for some time for my equal in Star Wars Appreciation, and you just might well be that person.

Archived