Home

Ages

Ack

You may get a bit of that from the facial models provided, but it will likely be pretty coarse - you won't be choosing 14yrs vs 18 yrs old, for instance. But you'll likely be able to choose a face close to your age or someone closer to my age [hint ... I use the Morgan model in MP ... but I'm really closer to Kyle's age ... ;)]

Mike

I'd like to see a wider variety of ages included in most FPS's in general, let alone my own playable character. It seems to me like most of your enemies are generic 20s-30s, and you seem to get a bit of wider variety for NPCs (usually older people).

Children (from babies to teens) are never really depicted in PC games. There are a few exceptions (Max Payne is the only one I can think of at the moment), but on the whole game universes are populated by adults. I can understand that to an extent...after all, you don't want people going around shooting 'kids' in a game in case they're mentally unstable and decide to do it for real. However, it's still okay to shoot up the adult population? Besides, there are ways around it - perhaps by just including them in cut scenes, or they run so fast for cover you always miss them.

It just seems odd to me that for teen-rated games especially, you don't see more 'teens' within a game context. It'd be great to choose an age range for your character...but it's not likely to happen any time soon.

Originally posted by StormHammer

Children (from babies to teens) are never really depicted in PC games. There are a few exceptions (Max Payne is the only one I can think of at the moment), but on the whole game universes are populated by adults. I can understand that to an extent...after all, you don't want people going around shooting 'kids' in a game in case they're mentally unstable and decide to do it for real. However, it's still okay to shoot up the adult population? Besides, there are ways around it - perhaps by just including them in cut scenes, or they run so fast for cover you always miss them.

I know there was one in Deus Ex, and possibly in Postal 2 ... but neither was in danger of getting shot. Imagine the sh*tstorm if you had a game where little kids were shootable ... come to think of it I'm surprised Postal 2 didn't have strollers in the mall so you could shoot up babies ...

But most story lines seem to gravitate to someone with experience, who has been wronged somehow, but is in a position to do something. Bringing young teens into it would be difficult for a good game (unwanted attention for the wrong reasons) and just a gimmick for a crap game ...

Mike

Archived