Home

RotK Teaser Trailer

Bob Gnarly

theonering.net was asked to take it down by new line...

it looks like a very early peek with a LOT to be added. though minis tirith and the battle on pelenor fields looked pretty cool! i cant wait for the battle with...

The King of the Nine!

Originally posted by krkode

For it is why I see it right now ;)

By god! :eek: that was awesome....so revealing :D

If you read the book it isn't revealing... the book is AWESOME!

too bad we don't see shelob yet... and to the people who just couldnt resist looking at this... frodo's missing finger!

Originally posted by Boba Rhett

The good news is that there IS a leaked teaser of it out. The link provodide most likely will not last for much longer.

Clicky

Wow, I didnt know they were going to show a internet explorer window with a message saying unable to display page.

:D

Looks like I got here too late. . .:(

Originally posted by pbguy1211

too bad we don't see shelob yet... and to the people who just couldnt resist looking at this... frodo's missing finger!

The book is by far a 1000 times better. I am pleased with the movie. I'm glad there's a great Epic quest like this to add to my collection. If I had it my way the movie would be 99%accurate and it would be seperated into 6 movies, 3 hours a piece (like the 6 original books). :D

i disagree. the second book in the two towers was BORING until the very end. NOTHING happened until they met Faramir which took forever.

And the first book in the Two Towers was TOTALLY different from the movie.

"Let this be the hour where we draw swords together" was between Aragorn and Eomer... Eomer wasn't banished in the book... but the movie made for a more heroic return in the end...

A lot of the dialogue is changed for obvious reasons... and scenes are added for dramatic effect (Eowyn, Grima, Eomer, anything Saruman).

I'll add more later ;)

Originally posted by pbguy1211

Well, I have read the books. It was only revealing in the sense that it showed quite a bit of the movie itself. I know the story and whole lot of it... ;) But I liked the movie's adaptation, and wonder how they'll do it.

I hear they won't do the part concerning the hobbits' return to the shire

:indif:

well...

i was wondering how'd they'd do the end too. if they dont show the return to the shire then how will they show saruman's death? i'm guessing the end of the movie will be different from the end of the extended version for dvd release later. the end of the battle in the book was somewhere in the middle and it left about 100 pages still. including aragorn's marriage to arwen and the departure of the ringbearers to the grey havens. if you watch the first one again in the prologue... is that a very young elrond and gandalf in the blurry background behind galadriel? how'd they come into getting those other 2 rings? the end will be sad if it's like the book...

also... rosie is sam's woman...

and i can't WAIT to see the path's of the dead and aragorn's ghost ships!!!

and you can't tell me that the fight between the king of the nine and theoden, eowyn and merry isn't going to kick major f*ckin' ass!

I'm so amped... can't wait. I already have TTT on VCD and VHS... and I can't wait for the DVD to come out because there's like a 4 minute ROTK preview on it. THEN I have to wait 3 more months for the TT extended version... which apparently has

a flashback with denethor, boromir and faramir... merry and pippin and the entwash... not to mention finding pipeweed at isengard, and an extended open with sam and frodo. and i'm thinking it's a good bet that the helm's deep scene will be longer

[edit] http://www.theonering.net kicks ass!!

Old news ... I already had the trailer last night :p I always pictured Theoden Vs Nazgul in the field tough ...

pbguy1211: You have a lot of guts calling TTT boring. Is the only thing that makes a movie interesting tp you a big fight? (You might like T3). So what the departed a little from the book, the made a different story for the movie, simply because some things cannot be explained in a movie that can easily be put into the book.

Like Saruman will die ... but not in front of Bag End, the whole scouring of the Shire wil not be in the movie. So Saruman dies elsewhere ... won't tell you where :p

All I know is that Peter Jackson has already done enough damage to the books as it is. Leaving parts out is one thing, but re-writing the story is a whole different problem. As far as TTT was concerened, the entire book was great. It's an epic adventure, not an action/romance novel like the movie portrays.

The first book of TTT was to show suffereing, doubt, dispair, and all the other emotions the fellowship felt to set the stage for the better parts of the novel. It was to show you just how evil and corrupt Sauramon is. The movie, however, made the journey to Rhorimir a mere walk in the park compared to the novel.

The reason why I feel the last movie may not live up to everybody's expectations is because they back-petaled too far in the end of TTT. They should have done it the same as the novels. Now they have to make a movie that includes everything from the final chapters (which is huge) and the last bit from TTT. If it turns out the same as the others I won't bother watching it. I'd prefer reading the novel, which is much better, than a butchered version of a classic.

If they don't include the "true" ending of the novel I will be very pissed!

The Hobbits return as heros is what made the ending great!

Originally posted by Young David

pbguy1211: You have a lot of guts calling TTT boring. Is the only thing that makes a movie interesting tp you a big fight? (You might like T3). So what the departed a little from the book, the made a different story for the movie, simply because some things cannot be explained in a movie that can easily be put into the book.

Like Saruman will die ... but not in front of Bag End, the whole scouring of the Shire wil not be in the movie. So Saruman dies elsewhere ... won't tell you where :p

Actually I meant the second BOOK in the Two Towers was boring. The beginning part of the journey of Sam and Frodo. Until they met Faramir nothing happened. It was very slow and tough to get into. And T3 sucked major balls. I liked how PJ made the movie different actually. ex: the Ents just didn't realize... "Hey, we should go to war." Treebeard saw everything and got pissed.

And I'm not sure what will happen w/ Saruman, Aragorn and the Ringbearers... We shall see. But my ass can't wait!!!

[edit]I have a new sig I need to upload off my laptop that I made from that new trailer!!!

Archived