Home

Do you use 1.02 or 1.04?

|GG|Carl

Do you use 1.02 or 1.04  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use 1.02 or 1.04

• I use 1.02(the original game)
    • I use the 1.04 patch

If I only knew... I think it has something to do with my firewall...

SP works fine, MP doesn't work...

When I join a server I just lags(very much lag! I can't even move!). :mad:

When I create a server it works ok, except for two thigs:

1. I can't "chat" cause 30 times per second my computer sends this message:

Sending: NET_PACKET EAOUGFDGDSWSRJ

2. As soon as a human joins, It starts lag...:(

1.02 is the best version of the game, 1.04 is a gimped dumbed down version of the original. 1.02 is much harder, more complex an A LOT easier to die in.

1.04 it takes 4-6 hits to be killed. 1.02 its not uncommon to die after 1-2 hits. The blocking system in 1.04 is a joke, and the special moves like the red style special and kick move have been totally nerfed into uselessness. Backstab which everybody seems to think owns can be defeated easily by turning on rage or protection.

Push/pull is a lot more powerful in 1.02, knockdowns are easier to comeby, absorb is visible at all times that its on. Lighting, drain, and heal are more powerful in 1.02.

People dying so fast in 1.02 most migrate to 1.04 to aviod actually having to try to be good at the game.

Well, I updated to 1.04 pretty much as soon as I downloaded the game. After all, 1.04 is much more mod-friendly. However, my computer crashed about two weeks ago and I just reinstalled JO last night. upon playing version 1.02 for SP, I noticed something strange. Whenever I got into a pitched battle, the music changed to a battle theme. I thought it was a nice touch. In my 1.04 game, the music never changed. Is it just me, or is it like that for all JO games? Now I'm a bit torn. I want to start downloading mods again, but I don't want to abandon that battle music!

Originally posted by crow_nest

Whats the difference between 1.02 and 1.04?

1.02:

+ Easyer to kill, stronger force powers, not so much "honour" talk, and YOU OWN EVERYBODY!!!

- Easyer to die, surf-files doesn't work, most of the mods doesn't work, only newbies play it.

1.04:

+ Harder to die, surf-files does work, most of the mods does work, "cooler" moves.

- lots of "honor" talk, lots of meditating etc., harder to kill, weaker force powers.

Originally posted by crow_nest

Whats the difference between 1.02 and 1.04?

Saber Damage is nut compared to 1.4,1 Red stance swing=a guy almost dead well if he was 100/25

Drain,Grip,Red stance combo,Absorb,kick,Heal,1.2 got a few more glitches,sum other saber stance swing,DFA,etc...i dont even see why i bother naming em,let just say evry move,force got sumthing diferent

Archived