Home

We need a multiplayer "honor" option for bots

Lach

OK. Did Obi-wan Kenobi bow to the battle droids before cutting them to pieces? That's pretty close to jedis bowing to bots...except it didn't happen. Why the heck are we even discussing this? Raven will never put this in JA. Maybe the "H0N0UR4BL3 M0D 0F D00M" will...but Raven won't.

Originally posted by Obi-Wan X

I do NOT believe in killing people that are afk, or people standing in the corner, saber off carrying on a conversation with someone.

I'll agree to that. Cheap kills aren't my thing. Still, all's fair in love and war.

Originally posted by Lach

For sabor only servers, or even when your playing alone.

How about an option so that if your sabor is off, the bot wont choose you(or any player or bot with the sabor down) as a target to attack?

This is of course HIGHLY abusable, but I'd love it for playing against just bots, and im sure there are servers where people can be trusted to not abuse it(you could attack comp, turn off sabor, lightning etc.... though perhaps this could be countered by a "if target attacked you in last 30 seconds then kill em sabor down or not"?

I can't understand why you'd want a non-aggressive bot. The whole purpose of the 'bot' is to fight you, otherwise why waste the slot with a bot when a live person can come in?

Although I don't particularly agree with your desire for a bot that won't attack unless you do, some sort of "teacher bot" might be worth looking at, although the Padawan-to-Jedi-Master that JK2 features would cover this by offering "low difficulty" bots to start off facing.

It might be worth looking at possible bot variables, such as how often they use certain Force powers and such. I know certain bots have their favorite Force powers and weapons (Lando with guns, for example), but perhaps a slider could enhance the whole bot experience.

By the way Lach, the correct spelling is sabre, or saber depending on where you're from. The first being French and English spelling, the latter the American spelling.

:gben: The Force will be with you, always.

Originally posted by StormHammer

As if we didn't have enough of this 'honour' stuff online as it is...now you want it for 'bots'?:mad:

Very true, I mean, why make the bots even dumber than they already are?

And if they won't attack guys without sabers, the guys without sabers will attack them, cause there is no risk for that the bots will call anyone "lamer" or "N00b".

Smarter bots would be good, but not more "honored" bots!

By the way, If you want smart bots in JO, there are two very good alternatives:

1. Get "Botmaker" and create an as smart bots as you want

2. Download "|GlobensGeng|Bot". A very good bot which is going to be released in about 6 days.;)

Well, here we go again. Some more heated posts in here. :rolleyes:

Look...not having honour codes in a game is one thing...but it doesn't mean you should ditch the concept on these forums. Try to respect other people's points of view (even as you disagree with them). There's nothing wrong with heated debate, but don't flame. Thanks. :cool:

As has already been stated, it's unlikely Raven would entertain the notion of 'Honour Bots', and they're not likely to be in JA. If you want to make a mod like this to run on your server...well, there's nothing to stop you, is there? And apparently it's already been done for JO...so there you go.

Originally posted by |GlobensGeng|

Very true, I mean, why make the bots even dumber than they already are?

And if they won't attack guys without sabers, the guys without sabers will attack them, cause there is no risk for that the bots will call anyone "lamer" or "N00b".

Smarter bots would be good, but not more "honored" bots!

By the way, If you want smart bots in JO, there are two very good alternatives:

1. Get "Botmaker" and create an as smart bots as you want

2. Download "|GlobensGeng|Bot". A very good bot which is going to be released in about 6 days.;)

This "Botmaker" thing sounds good, "|GlobensGeng|. Where can one find a reliable copy of it?

:animelol:

Well, I believe the source for the bots were released some time ago in the JKII editing pack, which came with almost anything you needed to map, create bots, etc. Let me dig around for the link...

EDIT:

Here's the general thread, you want to download the SDK for the source files.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59058

Originally posted by Rad Blackrose

Well, I believe the source for the bots were released some time ago in the JKII editing pack, which came with almost anything you needed to map, create bots, etc. Let me dig around for the link...

EDIT:

Here's the general thread, you want to download the SDK for the source files.

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=59058

Thanks, Rad Blackrose.

I remember reading somewhere that there was a certain file that would show you some of the factors I'd said earlier in this thread, but I can't remember where I read it from and where the file is.

There are a .jkb files in Assets0.pk3 that have some cryptic information about the bots, but nothing I'm willing to muck around with at this point in time.

It's almost time to get up. I'm going to bed.

Archived