Home

system requirements? will they work?

darthdrak

you know thats EXACTLY waht i have. Run it in teh hgiest res though, our card works best tehn. Youll get about 11-15 in citeis, which is playable, and 25-29 in wilderness. If you ahve the cash, but another 256RAM..thats waht im gonna do...casue it will give you 768 for teh GAME and 256 for the rest of teh comp..

Well i havent had a straight answer form mine so i am gonna post mine here.

2.0Ghz, 512mb RAM and 128mb Ti4600 GFX Card.

I beleive it will run it well but might need more RAM but dont have the cash at the moment. So will mine run SWG's nicely?

This is just another way to say...O.o look at my cool computer..If you really wanna know..compare it to the recommened system requirments..i would think if its better. it will most likely run ok..there is no need to post one of these threads every two or three days.

okay Jo, ya know it's not exactly ILLEGAL to post on a forums. Have you seen the rate at which these posts go down? not very fast man so it's not like your missing out on some great post because someone took up the space. And if you REALLY hate these posts, the title kinda said it all and there was no one insisting that you click on it. So just avoid it. Also the requirements don't tell you JACK, it says you can run SWG with 256 RAM, tell me if you thinks THAT is possible. And second off we are not trying to say "look at my cool PC". Sorry man, but My computer is nice (2.4ghz, 1128 mb RAM) EXCEPT for my Graphics card (GeForce 4 MX 440) as stated before it is a Piece, and I honestly want to know how it would make the game run, there is no problem in that. So how would it run the game?

it says you can run SWG with 256 RAM, tell me if you thinks THAT is possible.

That is fully possible. :)

Sorry man, but My computer is nice (2.4ghz, 1128 mb RAM) EXCEPT for my Graphics card (GeForce 4 MX 440) as stated before it is a Piece, and I honestly want to know how it would make the game run, there is no problem in that. So how would it run the game?

It will run the game.

Put a better graphicscard in it aswell and you may be able to run it at full detail. :)

That is fully possible

Well if it is, then you must be running high-end parts for the rest of your PC, not to mention DSL. From what I hear not only is it *highly* unlikely, but some people even go so far as to say screw the 512, better get a gig instead. And thanks for the info, I'll look into a new graphics card, and once my DSL arrives, to the SWG battlefields I shall go.

Granted, I personally tried that on a AMD Athlon 2.4 processor, with a Radeon 9700 card (not the Pro, but a weaker one), but if your turn off everything, then you will most likely be able to play with 256 MB. Not very well, but you will be able to. :)

That is my opinion on the matter. :)

And to be honest, I don't see that much change in preformance with 512 or 1024 mb of Ram.

ok guys. i run this game on my laptop. 2.4 ghz, ATI mobile 7500C, DSL, 512 MB.

The only problem i have is for some reason the faces on the human races show up as a bunch of lines. Wish i could fix it. But other then that...not a single problem.

i'm in the 512MB/GeForce4MX camp, and the game USUALLY runs just fine, even with the detail cranked up about halfway. the way the PC market is right now, another 512MB of ram costs almost exactly as much as a 128MB ATI 9600PRO video card...and in some cases, the video card is cheaper!!

i wish sony, or the devs, or someone really, truly knowledgable about it, would post a definitive answer regarding whether the answer to our framerate woes lies in more ram or better video card.

yeah, i can look at the minimum/recommended system specs till i'm old and gray, but that doesn't tell me enough to make an informed decision. is there anyone who can get a legitimate answer to the question?

what is the answer??? should we buy more ram? better video card? WHICH????

most of us are too broke to afford both (and have to save up just to buy one or the other), so personally i'm going to be more than a little upset/disappointed if i invest $150 or so into something and i STILL end up getting 5FPS or less when i walk out of a starport or into a cantina. i'm already at lowest resolution, i've tried it at lowest detail and farthest draw distance, i've disabled hardware mouse, i've disabled other items in the launcher graphics tab as well as the in-game options, but STILL i get the insane framerate drop. i'm on cable at 2MB/128k, running windows XP pro. my CPU is an athlon 2000XP, which should also be sufficient.

i love this game, and generally i get 15-29FPS, which is entirely playable and enjoyable...but i have dreams of one day going overt for my faction, and if i get capped stepping off a shuttle because my SWG experience looks like a powerpoint slideshow presentation, i'm going to be REALLY ticked off.

so, is there anyone we can ask, or am i just dreaming?

personally, i think the minimum/recommended specs are low-end estimates, and should be changed to reflect actual game performance.

Ok peeps. Lets not get all bent out of shape. We all need to play fair or there might be some trouble.

And if you think you need more then 512mg to play a game I would say you were a little bit crazy.

If it was 512mg of some crappy ram maybe but if you have some good stuff 512mg is quite a bit.

Games are more dependent on a graphics card then ram so look into getting a faster/better card before you gop out and buy a gig of ram. Or get faster ram. If you run DDR 2700 go get some DDR 3500.

The only reason you need a gig is so you can come on here and tell everyone you have it. ;) It will do squat for game play.

Just make surer all your back ground procceses are turned off.

But if you insist on playing and down loading 3 different files on the net and burning a CD then you might need more ram. But if doesn't that seem stupid.

thanks gunner, i appreciate someone responding (even if it's a lowly moderator, heh).

so, based on your recommendation, and the advice of others, i'm saving up for a new video card.

if you guys are a little daring, and willing to gamble, you can get a sapphire radeon 9500 from newegg.com and other places for around $139. there's a "softmod" (software modification, an executable program) that ALLEGEDLY opens up all 8 pipelines and boosts the performance to the same level as a radeon 9700.

even if the softmod doesn't work, it's still a very good card, and considered to be superior to the 9600. 9500PRO's used to be the card to get, but they're disontinued, and good luck finding one for less than $170-$200.

as far as 9600PRO vs FX5600...most reviews lean toward the radeon, but honestly, unless you're just a hardcore gamer with an insane eye for detail, you'll probably be just as happy with either one.

• 2 weeks later...

DD,

Yeah, that should be more than enough.

As far as the Radeon vs. Nvidia crud, I prefer ATI, but I hear people all the time saying how great their Nvidia cards are. In all honesty, I don't think it matters much, but if you have to choose between two cards, pick the one with the highest memory and DX9 compatible. 9500 and 9600 are probably the best mid range card you can get in my opinion. I run a soft mod overclocked 9500 PRO 128MB with 1.5GHz P4, 640 MB RDRAM PC800 and a cable modem. No, I can't turn the graphics all the way up, but casn anyone?

Also, just a random warning to everyone, watch your posts. If you click the submit button, wait, it will go through. A lot of new members to these forums make this mistake, so I'm not singleing anyone out. I did have to delete four posts from this thread however. Please, make the mods jobs easy. :D

Archived