Home

tricky questions

Methos007

1- Is it possible to make an enitity cause dismemberment? For example if a player were to crouch by a train and stick his head on the rails, could the train cut his head off?

2-How to you make an "empty"section textures?(a.k.a., a fence)

3- Can I import MD3's from Elite Force if I ajust the .jpg size to 256x256?

4- Can I make a moving spotlight? (Like the ones in prisons)

1. Not that I know of.

2. Google for tutorials on Q3 alpha maps or alpha channels.

3. Sure. Using MD3s from Elite Force is illegal, but no one will care as long as you don't rip half the game. What does JPEG size have to do with it? JO supports 1024x1024 at least.

4. misc_spotlight.

Originally posted by Emon

3. Sure. Using MD3s from Elite Force is illegal, but no one will care as long as you don't rip half the game. What does JPEG size have to do with it? JO supports 1024x1024 at least.

I either asked about this on the Raven forums, or searched there for a similar question a while back, and found out that Raven is perfectly happy for you to use Raven game media in other Raven games as long as you mention that you used one Raven game in the other Raven game.

So yeah, you can use to md3's and just say in the readme "Some models and textures from Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force were used."

[Edit: I can't find the specific thing I'm talking about...you might play it safe and go over to some Raven forum and ask.]

Archived