Home

Drain in JA

NickoHead

Ok, i was looking at that pic of Force Drain on the official site, and i thought it looked pretty cool how he was strangling that officer. I was wondering, how come in some screens it shows the normal Force Drain like in JO, and in this pic it shows him strangling the officer and draining him.

If this is in JA, will it be in MP as well or what?

thx ;)

Originally posted by NickoHead

Ok, i was looking at that pic of Force Drain on the official site, and i thought it looked pretty cool how he was strangling that officer. I was wondering, how come in some screens it shows the normal Force Drain like in JO, and in this pic it shows him strangling the officer and draining him.

If this is in JA, will it be in MP as well or what?

thx ;)

Well, maybe I'm missing something, but the only screenshot showing the 'normal' Drain from JO is the one with the Rancor. The ones from SP against humanoid opponents show the 'Death Hug'.

It makes sense to me that you can't use the 'death hug' on the Rancor, because if you get that close, you're lunch.

By the same token, when Drain is being used against you by your opponents, they don't get you in the 'death hug'...and maybe that's just for reasons of game flow. Alternatively maybe you can't use it on Dark Jedi, and Dark Jedi can't use it on you - but everyone else is fair game? Intriguing...

As for MP, I imagine it will remain the same as in JO due to the faster pace of combat.

Perhaps it works differently on different levels.

Perhaps on Level 1, you *have* to get very close to use it and you do a "hug" animation. Perhaps on Level 3, it has more range, and so you get the more traditional looking drain.

This would be similar to how in JK2 SP, you had heal on level one where you had to kneel and meditate and it slowly healed you, verses level 3 which was an almost instantenous heal which didn't interrupt your other actions.

Archived