Home

why are you making imperials unbeatable?

rinorebel_4

Nerfing bleed on at-st's that can kill a rebel pc in one shot is going a bit far, why can't we bleed the fluids that make them run?There are people running around with 2 or 3 at-st's and they can wipe out an entire town of rebels, one of the only ways to kill one is to bleed it, cause you shoot it once then it kills you.

Either nerf their damage or their ham, i was told even if you kill one they can recall it??? thats lame, its no fun to die 500 times to one because you can only shoot it once before it kills you.

Originally posted by rinorebel_4

my point is that it takes the fun out of the game, i dont mind dieing but i at least want to have a fighting chance, keep it up and people will start quitting

and your supposedly "customer service" SUCKS, buggy ass game, didnt you people have a beta?

You this this sucks you should have tried Anarchy Online when that first went live. That was a HUGE mistake.

All you rebels keep forgetting one thing. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE WEAK. The Empire IS stronger then you. You need to understand that. It shouldn't be easy for you to defeat an AT-ST, it shouldn't be easy for the Rebels to take victories, many lives WILL be lost. You are the underdog, you need to accept that. You will only win in force, and probably only WITH the force!

Now now kids calm down, I have never personnaly taken on a AT-ST with only my gun. However, thier are many creatures that if you have two of can help you significantly! Of course creatures are almost as exspensive if you buy them from creature handlers as the time it would take someone to rack up the faction points to get and AT-ST. Also, I believe that thier is some type of rebel special creature handler bonus? Anyway, good luck, and long live the rebels!

Fixing the AT-ST so it can't suffer from bleed shots were right to do, as AT-ST don't have blood to bleed. :p

The timing, however, was bad. :(

THey should have waited to do that till they've looked into the AT-ST stats properly and fixed the Commando profession first.

Actually, I think the imps need the help... there are sooo many more rebs than imps! The minute an imp sets foot in Coronet he gets shut down. The only race that can really place as Imperial is human, all the others suffer fp penalties. That's why all my non-human players are rebs.

I do think AT-ST's should be more expensive, though... they should be the most expensive faction items to get. In Theed I saw two following one guy around, and then another one with another guy.

Okay, the answer lies in this:

AT-STs should not be bleedable. Of course, they should also have a Faction Pet ranking like creatures have. One AT-ST takes up all three of your FP slots. Yes, they can probably nerf them a little, but not too much, maybe 10-15%

I won't even go into my thoughts on the war. However, if I could have three Dark Troopers to one AT-ST, I'd have the DTs any day.

As far as the price, maybe a little over what it is now. Perhaps even as high as 15k FPs, but bases are far more powerful than any AT-ST.

Originally posted by rinorebel_4

yah, show me a ch with 3 20k ham pets that hit for 1500 at a range of 60+m

imp's are poosaes that have to hide behind pets to keep me from pistol whipping their gimp asses

Like I said, it needs to be, and will be nerfed. One AT-ST per seems fair. I do think they need to come up with some form of counter to this.....perhaps they're waiting for speeders?

In other words, the rebels were ****ed over

Um, of course. Hello, underdogs normally are not handed an advantage.

AT's won't be nerfed, they are meant to be tough. Just like in the films. Quit crying and try to take them on instead. :p

Oh and Jan, commandos have been fixed now. So it is perfect timing, also another reason for the nerf was people were taking advange of the bug. :)

Look no Rebel could ever kill an ATST in alone. It was nearly impossible for Rebels to beat them in the movies. It took the Rebs and Ewoks together with all their make shift stuff just to take down a few ATSTs. If you are an overt Reb alone, and you see one, then run, run like hell or you will die. When the ATSTs and ATATs showed up on Hoth, what did the Rebs do? They evacuated. The Rebs won by outsmarting the Imperials, not overpowering them. Don't complain, just figure out a way to outsmart them. But, complaining about not being able to take down an ATST is silly.

yeah but wouldn't it be funny if only rebels will be able to become jedi. and they think its funny now with all their atst's but wait until I become a jedi and you see me running through town cutting the legs off their atst's with my lightsaber like a hot knife cutting through butter. hahahaha

Originally posted by Jan Gaarni

THey should have waited to do that till they've looked into the AT-ST stats properly and fixed the Commando profession first.

When will they fix Commando? I just became one and I can't do jack with Grenades.

*shrugs*

EDIT: Nevermind I decided to read the rest of the Thread. :D

.... you ever think about the cooling systems/fluid, if the radiator was hit it severely hurt a machine vehicle like a AT-ST or disable it. There has to be a structural weakness somewhere (probably, not added to swg, at this point). The AT-AT in the movie had a weakness in their legs... and the AT-STs have thinner armor then AT-ATs.

Here's a thought, instead of nerfing outright the devs could have a rebel mission to find out a structual weakpoint in the AT-STs structure. It doesn't have to a one-hit kill weakness, but a way to have a slightly better chance in destroying the AT-ST.

Archived