Home

'Updated' GameSpot Hands-on

txa1265

Actually all but one of the screenshots on their screen shot page for JA looked new to me!

Of course they took some shots from the same scene just slightly different angles (notice how they took two shots of them firing the bowcastor at those Trandos in the hallway by the "you are here" map? lol).

Cool. I averted my eyes partway through that spoiler text though. I don't want to spoil the whole thing!

Thanks again for the heads-up Mike. ;)

Hmm...the updates are coming thick and fast now, aren't they? :D

More juicy tidbits of information in there...but as Kurgan said, I think they're starting to release more spoilers around the plot, so it's getting harder to remain 'spoiler free'. :(

And maybe it's just me...but those screenies all look very familiar.

I can't wait to play this game...

Originally posted by StormHammer

Thanks again for the heads-up Mike. ;)

No prob.

And maybe it's just me...but those screenies all look very familiar.

Definitely ... I've been getting so used to looking at new things lately, getting the 'same ol' was almost a surprise ;)

Originally posted by Kurgan

Cool. I averted my eyes partway through that spoiler text though. I don't want to spoil the whole thing!

More juicy tidbits of information in there...but as Kurgan said, I think they're starting to release more spoilers around the plot, so it's getting harder to remain 'spoiler free'. :(

I'm very seriously considering only hitting the main JK and LA sites for the next couple of weeks ... I actually pulled back when I saw the new information just sprawling out ... it was like 'I didn't want to know all that' ...

I can't wait to play this game...

Ahhh ... couldn't agree more ...

Mike

Originally posted by JEDI OUTCAST

why do you guys keep going for the xbox version. 1 screenshot on the xbox. here is a few from the pc version.

Because that is the section where they keeep filing the previews. Even though the previews are PC based ...

Mike

Originally posted by txa1265

Because that is the section where they keeep filing the previews. Even though the previews are PC based ...

Mike

Actually they have it in the PC area as well, they update multi-platform game review areas so that an X-Box player can get the jist of what the game will be like when it is released for X-Box, but im more concerned about the PC Version :p

The PC screenshots are very nice indeed, so thanks for those direct links. ;)

From everything I can see, it looks like they've definitely worked on some of the lighting.

If they had been able to introduce polybumping etc., or stuff like the Tenebrae project, it would look unbelievable. As it is, JA definitely looks better than JO.

If they had been able to introduce polybumping etc., or stuff like the Tenebrae project, it would look unbelievable. As it is, JA definitely looks better than JO.

There are a lot of things that 'would have been nice' ... tons of them. But they had a 1 year dev cycle, and designing a 20+ hour game with updated graphics and combat system in that time, plus new MP system ... not trivial ...

Mike

Archived