Home

Nightlight merchandise

MJ

Besides the obvious (CDs), is there any merchandise in particular people would like to see available from Nightlight? I'm trying to work out a few things at the moment, but merchandise is now a possibility.

Merchandise? I always thought it'd be cool for McDonalds to sell little Number Two action figures! He could say stuff like "Great, mate!" and "blame the dalek!"

...uh....

....okay, maybe not. Get a grip, D....

In all seriousness, though, I think any kind of poster would be good (even if it ain't possible.) Some CDs of the earlier Political Comedy work would be cool too. Also, interviews with the cast and cast photos or artwork (in that Cartoon style that the Tierra Wallpaper was done in.) would be nifty, as well as autographs and a full cast list. Et cetera, et cetera.

Action figures, no. They honestly cost around $400 US to get the moulds made.

Poster is possible. Coffee mugs are possible. Script books (or books in general) yes, early political comedy work unlikely (for the same reason that I'm having trouble getting Tierra and Lost Cause CDs out there)

T-Shirts, yes. I think. Also keyrings. In fact, I found out a way to get keyrings of the Nightlight logo made in a cool 3D prism thing. It's really bizarre. The downside is that by itself, for one keyring, it costs $25 AUS.

Problem is definitely going to be cost. Cost to get anything made, plus postage on top of it. But it's something for me to keep in mind.

At the very least, I'm hoping to write a book based in the land of the dead. And for it to be everything I want it to be, I need the help of a couple of people, who I've sent e-mails out to now.

Anyone else have any ideas? I'll start looking into them and seeing if it's worth while.

well, if it helps any, there was a "Grim Fandango" novel writen. It was a fan-fiction but it was professionaly written and really really long (printing it would be a baaaaad idea). I could probably attatch it to an e-mail and send it to you; it might give you some ideas, but there are some inconsistencies with Tierra (you'll notice them pretty easily.) It's a MSWord document; does your computer use MSWord?

And how are you going to sell Nightlight merchandise? E-Bay?

I know about the nove..I read it ( pritend iot with fontsize 10 and got out 100 sites!!!)

The novel is great , hope we mean the same "Grim Fandango" novel...was first at I think..ehm Glottis garage?!

I loved it..but I have to read it again, because now I can understand much more ( yeah ..this ist my good english ^^ )

No ideas so far.

That's the novel written by MeddlingMonk, right?

I have read that, and it was excellently written (which is why I'm glad that I managed to talk him into helping me write Beneath Monkey Island)

Writing 'Tierra de los Muertos' into a book is making progress slowly. It's good in a way though, because it's letting me expand the universe a bit.

Was the writer Charles Frederick? If it was, then yes, that's MeddlingMonk.

I can't remember, and haven't got it handy at the moment to check. But I'm pretty darn sure.

Sorry to reveal your secret identity there, Monk. :)

Wow, merchandise? Didnt see that one coming. Good idea though. My suggestion (as if you didnt already have enough on your plate) is a comic. I know you have experience with your unimatrix (which was completely ripped off by the animatrix but, oh well), which i read for a while. But all the other suggestions sound great.

A comic would be hard. The first problem is coming up with something to write a comic about, and then having the drawing ability to illustrate it.

I don't have the drawing ability. Not enough to pull off a comic well. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, granted that this is a pretty lame merchandise, but there is a place in Wisconsin (which is within a drive of where I live). It's a "Mustard Museum" and you can get personalized jars of mustard! Nightlight Mustard! For the guy who needs everything!

(This was pretty much a joke. I doubt you could deal with the thing overseas, and the costs are pretty high)

Actually, I am getting (as a joke) my best friend (Holdios, to be exact) a "Number Two" jar of mustard for his birthday. It'll have a picture of him on the front of the jar and it'll say "Number Two's Special Blend." Underneath the picture of him it'll say "It's great, mate!"

• 2 weeks later...

Archived