Home

Jaden doing grapples! (screens inside) *spoilers?*

xtrazx75

Thanks to AxVegetA I followed his instructions and was able to pull off those cool Kyle_Boss grapple moves in the Demo!

Here are the Screenshots:

Punch

http://members.rogers.com/jediacademy/images/grapple.jpg

Leg Throw

http://members.rogers.com/jediacademy/images/grapple2.jpg

Head-lock

http://members.rogers.com/jediacademy/images/grapple3.jpg

Taking out the trash!

http://members.rogers.com/jediacademy/images/grapple4.jpg

To be able to do this - here is what you have to do:

use the "g_DebugMelee 1" command, then use the "give weaponnum 14" command (which gives you the ability to punch). Select the "fists" and when attacking an enemy, use the alt attack (mouse 2) and then press a direction and mouse 1 (attack). Depends on which direction you press - you do a different grapple... very cool. Fight you way through Jedi Academy!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why exactly were all these cool features NOT on for your player character by default?

I mean come on.. this is great! This would allow you to sneak your way through the game if you like too! Grabbing and throwing and chocking from behind ala Splinter Cell.

Why did raven hide Fist weapon and these moves from the user?

Because secrets and easter eggs are fun to find?

Every time I load up the forums I see a new thing to try in the game.. it's great.

As to the above screens... "that oughta learn 'em" =)

Again, I'm quoting you on the "Not Enough Customization" page, excellent job.

Originally posted by Seetherr

Well, it's not very Star Wars is it? Punching people to death? ;)

Not exactly what the Jedi are about my friend, common thuggery :p

I do like these moves though ;)

And besides, if Raven hadn't put them in, someone would only mod them in before long.

B.

Hope you're joking NITEMARE. ; p

Anyway...

These rock!

Primary + Secondary = Gut Punch

Primary + Secondary + Hold Back = Choke & Throw

Primary + Secondary + Hold Forward = Knee to face + Leg Throw

I see also we can kick with secondary (and in the air too!) just like the Saberstaff.

Any others?

PS: Try it with "thereisnospoon" for coolness. Speed doesn't let you do the Agent Smith trick anymore, but its funny to see the grapples in action (delayed reaction on the part of the victim).

the melee selection wont be a cheat in the full gamei think

Do you mean you think it will be a normal part of the game, or do you think it will be removed?

Interesting theory...

As far as brawling is concerned, GL did state that he "always wanted" to put a fist fight into a Star Wars movie, which is why he did the Jango vs. Obi-Wan scuffle in AOTC. So I think this fits right in... though I'll admit, I DID feel like Indiana Jones for a second!

; )

Mod in a few extra moves (like shoving the person and blocking with your fists) and this could be a full fledged boxing mod.

im coming up with a small and when i mean small demo mod. Its basically a mini matrix kun fu mod without the skins. ALl i need to know is how would i add give weaponnum 14 to my new modded config? if someone could help i will release the script tonight and it might make the demo last longer until the full game.

EDIT: I THINK ITS BECAUSE ITS A DEMO BUT EVERYTIME I QUIT THE GAME AFTER PLAYING THE seta g_debugmelee "1" i added to the cfg disapears any ideas :?

Hmm... we can punch, and we can ride Speeder bikes (in the full version), so maybe we could play "Road Rash" in the Star Wars universe?

; )

Just an idea. Though maybe Kyle's reach needs to be extended (his punches don't have much range).

Then toss in some other melee weapons (baseball bats, chains, etc.) and you have yourself a street brawl! I can see it all now...

Archived