Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

specs

P4 2.20 GHZ w/400MHZ FSB

512 RAM

Integrated Intel 3D Extream graphics 16MB card looking to upgrade to 128 nvidia class card in a couple weeks

JO Runs like a dream on this close to full output,and JA does for the most part though on the larger outdoor stages she lagged

A bug I would love to see changed is making the saber dismemberment code simpler to implement like in JO I still don't know how to get it to work in JA

The clipping of NPCs needs improvement the bodies tend to twist and contort on odd ways at times

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Specs

800mhz processor

384 MB ram

GeForce 4 Mx 420 64mb SD

20 gb HD

I played the game for awhile last night but now when i start up the game it freezes on the update screen. When i Ctrl-alt Delete out of it I get the BSOD! Its crazy. I dont know whats going on

help? :)

Im not sure if anyone else has had this problem but if anyone has and has any suggestions PLEASE email me and give me pointers (severniae@msn.com) ok the problem is:

EVERY TIME i play the game in single player mode (not tried MP yet) i get about 10 - 20 minutes playing time, then it crashes, or quits to desktop. I have tried re-installing the game, and ive also tried re-installing the Operating system and tried other Operating systems also and still it doesnt work! i have no idea what is causing it and i would really appreciate some pointers. Ive tried taking bits outta my computer to see if it helps at-all and still no difference. it always crashes or goes to desktop without fail.

my system specs are:

AMD athalon Xp 1800+

MSI Geforce fx 5200

512 mb ram

20gig hdd

Windows 98

ac'97 souncard (on the motherboard)

giga-byte motherboard series 7

again please email me if you have any suggestions or tips - im running outta ideas here! (severniae@msn.com)

thanks

-Falcon

I don't know if it's a bug, but in the first training mission with Kyle at the academy, kyle and rosh walk over to the door, but he never says anything to me, I could walk thought the other door but that was it, the second door wouldn't open, and I didn't get the cutsceane where he is talking about the training, ran it like 5 times and got the same problem, I was also having a problem where the devmapall was giving me an error,

So I uninstalled and reinstalled and it worked after that.

But since I've had some other triggers that didn't want to work also.

Well I have a bug that sucks... In the next to the last mission where you're trying to rescue rosh, I get to the end and jump up to where he is. Goes to the scene of talking "how do I know I can trust you" and all, then cuts to kyle fighting & being killed and stays stuck there after he dies. Any hope?

Ok Im running a 9800 rad pro 2.4 ghz p4 and 512 ram , I run the game at 104 with 4x aa and 8x af , game gets extremely choppy whenever an enemy shows up , second thing , when I crawl and get my ain at approximately hirozon level , framerate drops down to 5 fps. What the hell!!! There are NO detail or major differences from JK2 !!!

In the siege map Desert Rescue, I sometimes get an error ( not a message )

It some times twinkles, then if I go onto a swoop bike it ends, and sometimes it's only some seconds, but when it twinkles and I want to deactivate the shields and then I get attacked, it's difficult to play

I only get that error in Desert Rescue and only when I play the map in siege mode

My specs are

600 Mhz

128 MB Ram

ATI Rage 128 Xpert 128

Windows 98

Even if I have no skins, maps in my base folder

Plz help me

i start single player. the player model in the character creation screen is missing faces of the model and part of it is untextured. when i press next i get some loading screen and that movie plays. after that spaceship has come to that planet the game crashes. if i press esc to abort the movie it crahes as well.

i get that standard winXP message (i have a swedish ver of XP but it says "forbidden something", then i can choose to send some error report) you know the one ;)...

i have XP as i said and a geforceXP 5200 with the latest (52.16) drivers.

multiplayer doesnt work at all

i installed the dircetx version on the cd (i had dx installed from the dx SDK if that might matter)

(thought the Q3 engine used OpenGL btw o.O)

anyway if anyone know of a remedy to this id be very grateful as i cant play the game at all as it is

i only read the first three pages of this thread but didnt find anyone who had problems like this. sorry if this already's been adressed later. maybe you could point me to the right page

thanx

Originally posted by ueberbobo

i start single player. the player model in the character creation screen is missing faces of the model and part of it is untextured. when i press next i get some loading screen and that movie plays. after that spaceship has come to that planet the game crashes. if i press esc to abort the movie it crahes as well.

Sounds like a bad install. Maybe try reinstalling?

Right, I am going to try this without spoilerising it.

At the end of the very last level on single player - when you enter the final room - if you are carrying the concusion rifle instead of the sabre (I was using double ended) when the cut scene ends you are left with what I have dubbed the 'Concusion Sabre'.

My double ended sabre is stuck on the end of the gun like a propellor, I have tried it twice from the same save game and it worked both times. I can't tell if the range or damage are changed, but the character uses it like a club.

This could quite possibly be very old news in which case I appologise.

I have a screen shot of it and save games if any one wants me to email it to them, apparently I can't post attatchments here.

If you are still having trouble with Kyle dying in the cut scene it is because you didn't clear all the Jedi out of the room the scene is in.

I had the problem because I was using force grip and push to chuck all the jedi into the pit that the cut scene is in, then they just chop him up a treat at the end. You gotta go slay some dirty Dark Jedi.

I think it was a room with four big columns and fire pits. If you leave no one there you should have no problem.

Originally posted by razorace

Sounds like a bad install. Maybe try reinstalling?

tried that, didnt help. what about the character model not showing properly? you can see through it since there are faces missing, and part of the faces that are there are untextured. sounds like a graphics problem but i cant figure out what it could be...

Okay today I was playing Siege and noticed that suddenly Ammo Dispensers give throwable items (thermal detonators, trip mines, det packs)!

Up until this time (for the last month) when I ran out of explosives I was sunk... no way to replenish them (regardless of map) and tech batteries gave me other ammo but no explosives.

Now they work... ! I'm happy, but I don't know why it wasn't working before. Maybe that should be looked at...

Also sometimes when there are two non-Jedi Techs one can heal the other, but not vice versa (they should both be able to heal each other right?).

I also noticed the "Cloak Not Usable" bug. Sometimes on a map Lando's Cloaking device simply won't work, you can't use it, period, and even without ever being shot with a Demp2.

Finally it seems like Siege_Desert always has TONS of lag. Even with only two players present, the pings on that level double and I get lots of choppiness. I don't know why. I've tried having everyone start at the exact same time, or not join my own server, but people always complain about lag on that map, and they get "connection interrupted" often.

Also a problem with Slow Mo Duel End cvar in Duels. In Duel it works great for me (as the admin), but other players complain that it causes connection interrupted and lag for them.

Also in PowerDuel if you use the Slow Mo Duel End option it slows everything down when the first person (on a two person team) is killed, which is fine. But when the second person is killed the Slow Mo effect lasts into the next match! (Until the first person is killed then IIRC it goes back to normal). Pretty annoying... such a cool effect otherwise!

Umm.. Ok, so this is a really crazy bug. Here goes: One day, in MP's Taspir map, on a server ( Not mine), I was at the top level (In one of the buildings). In the middle, there is this large tube that runs from the top to the bottom. I clinged onto it when I jumped down from the top. When I let go, I found out that I did not fall to the ground. I was like... floating around the room.. Unable to go up or down. But, I was able to move left, right, forward and backward. I was also able to swing my saber and whatnot. There you go. I finally got down, with a button ( Forgot which).

Now, isn't that the most amazing bug in JK3? And, I am not lying about this.

Also a problem with Slow Mo Duel End cvar in Duels. In Duel it works great for me (as the admin), but other players complain that it causes connection interrupted and lag for them.

Yeah, that's a general problem with changing the timescale in a "laggy" envoriment (non-LAN) in the Q3 engine.

Archived