Home

Version 1.0.0.0 BUGS: List all bugs/errors (incl. your specs, error msg etc.)

mariners2001

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by Jedith

Well, I must be in some super bad luck. This store won't refund my game.

Even the JA demo gives me lag spikes and sound loops. So it's not just the JA retail game.

I try other games and they're fine. Why is it just this game? I do not get. I do not want to blow another $80 for a new video JUST to play this game.

*VERY PISSED CHINESE MALE RIGHT HERE*

\

Me too I pay $56 for JA and my single player game still dont load my main WindowsXP...not just dont load when I try to load SP game ? game get busy and my PC stuck and Crush hard :mad:

and can not refund.. only I did it Xchange my game CD once..

but it same... no Luck...

so I Install another WindowsXP in Disk F ( I have 3 disk so)

and Single player game is loaded ... ;)

I dont know why all new latest updated WindowsXP cant play JA

but just install Virgin WindowsXP can.... :confused:

MY PC is big memory Monster PC too.. but this Jedi Academy didnt load and Crush my PC hard... all othere Games is ok ..

any ways you can try like me install another Windows for your othere Disk then install JA and try... I wish your Luck !

yes. you can either turn off dynamic glow in the video menu or downgrade your drivers to fix it. (3.4 and i think 3.6 worked fine)

Originally posted by Dagrimripa

Question:

Is it a known issue for JA to have flashing bugs with a radeon 9700pro and latest Catalyst driver under Windows XP ?

Its flashing, and sometime stays to a still white screen, as if the camera view point was stuck in a solid object/out of map, because once i move the mouse off a litlte, it stops. It happens in pretty much all areas, even places where i KNOW the camera isnt stuck in something.

So far, worst place iv seen is on Coruscant.

Like whoa, stroboscopic mania in yellow and blue. I mean really, my eyes hurted after trying to play in it for 2 minutes.

Currently using Catalyst version 3.7 . Before i had to perform a windows re-installation i was running with a previous version and everything was fine playing this game.

So far as iv seen, this problem has only occured in JK:JA

Any input on this?

I was checking bot moveing in CTF games ....

then fund they dont pick up all gun & armor... and they dont pick health too ;(

just one line to walking and hit all over gun shooting is so poor

this is skill "Jedi Master"

I think JK2 bot is much better work.

why new game but makeing more worth Bot ?

new one must be better then old one .. right ?

Im not sure if it is to do with my specs, but here they are anyway

P4 2.4 gHz, 512 RAM, 64mb GeForce 5200. I run SP fine. The only thing, when I start a MP, it just takes an eternity for it to start, it just stays stuck, with the music looping erratically, cannot move the mouse etc. If I wait for about a minute or more, everythings fine, and runs at Hi Rez, etc no probs, Its only when I start MP for the first time. So far I have only played the solo game, so this cant have anything to do with server probs etc.....

anyone else have this ?? did you fix it ??

Thanks

Originally posted by NRF_Storm

When playing in SP or MP my screen goes black, i get a sound loop for about 10 seconds then nothing. I have to press the reset button to restart my computer. I get no error messages and it happens in random places not in the same place all the time. Sometimes in SP I can play for an hour without it happening but it happens more frequent in MP,usually about 10-15 minutes into a match.

It only happens in Jedi Academy. I can play Outcast no problem and I can frag to my hearts content in UT2003 for hours with no problems,its just JA.

System specs:

Pentium4 1.8ghz

512mb RAM

PNY 5600 FX 256mb

Sound Blaster Live 5.1

All the latest drivers and DirectX 9

Ok. I took out my 256mb FX5600 and put my old 64mbGForce4 MX back in and the game runs fine now. Go figure,lol.

1. After using push (with my Microsoft Optical USB mouse wheel)in MP/SP, pressing the attack button (left mouse click) often causes my player to force push AGAIN. I don't think there's anything wrong with my mouse and it never did this in JK2.

2. I'm getting some pretty crap frame rate(~30 fps average) even while most of the graphical options turned down. This is on a GForce 3 with 1.4 gigahertz Athlon with 384 megs of RAM. Frame rate varies greatly based on where I'm standing/looking at in the map. Radically, like a 30 fps drop....

Originally posted by Buffy

I really dont like kyle so I never add kyle bot in JK2 too but some how I fund it JA kyle has no blade ... I did it try Delete all mod and models and add kyle but still no blade.. .

do I Have to reinstall all game again ? :(

is can keep old jacofig & jampcofig and replace new one ?

I dont want do again all of seting and bind so...:(

Problem is solved... it some "saber" hilt mod replace kyle's blade ..

I did it delete "saber" and kyle's blade is back :)

thanks help me Mr' razorace

I have the exact following problem:

Originally posted by STTCT

I get an error before the game even loads. Something about a disc not in the drive. But it is!! I just hit "OK" and then the game loads.

Specifically, it tells me a harddrive is missing.

I installed it via my CD-RW and based on this:

Originally posted by Andy867

Do you have a cd burner, because some people have reported problems playing when loading the game up through their CD burner, even though the install went fine.

I will try re-installing it via my DVD-ROM instead to see if that makes it go away. I'll report back to see if it helps. Thanks.

Otherwise, the game works great! Having fun. :)

I have a bug in my game in when the game is being started up a windows message appears, I used to have this problem with jedi knight 2 my system meets all the requirements plus some. This message appears whether I have sp going or mp I have reinstalled the game many times and it still appears is there a patch or update i can get that will fix this?

Or am i going to have to let my comp. be racist towards jediknight games?

I can't even access the game...

My system specs are:

AMD Athlon XP 2600+

SiS 315E (128mb, supports both DX9 and OpenGL)

256mb DDR

The game keeps causing an error in my SISGL.dll file.

Can anyone help?

EDIT: Don't worry, I fixed it. Damn faulty .dlls :p

Originally posted by king yoda

it´s not a in-game problem. but i can´t open pk3 files, because they are assimi files. since i downloaded some tools(forgot the name) all my pk3 files are going to assimi files and when i try to open them then i become an erroe message.

Try right clicking a PK3 and then selecting "open with" from the drop down menu. When the dialogue box pops up browse to winzip or whatever you use for unzipping and select that. Then all PK3's should re-associate with that program again.

I get this OpenGL error..failed to openGL Init. Something like that. I have the latest drivers for my vidcard.

Plus when I was playing I wanted to snipe so I zoomed in due to firing bullets/laserbolts I had switch out of zoom again and get my saber. When I did that I was looking at myself in 3rd person but with the Zoomscope all around me instead of normal environment.

Somebody had the same?

Oasis

my specs:

(CPU) 1-AMD Athlon™ XP 1900+, 1615MHz, 256KB (0% Load) .:. (RAM) usage: 297/768MB (38.67%) .:. 12(GFX) ASUS V9280 V45.23, (Display) 1024x768/32bit/85Hz

(OS) Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 1 (5.1 - 2600), (installed for) 75w 5d 2h 8m, (HDDs)69.9GB/111GB(62.6%) free

Im having same problems as a lot of people in that myswing, instead of just swinging ing at different points in game after playing for a while...specs are

AMD athlon 2100

1G RAM

80 G HARD DRIVE

AUDGY 1 CARD

GORCE TI 4600 ( DRIVERS 44.03)

DIRECT X 9.0b

WINDOWS XP

now my other computer that runs it ok has exactly the same specs except it has AMD Athlon 1800 and a gforce 3 TI500 with old 28 x drivers installed (they are so stable its untrue)

so i think its either the card or the drivers that are causing this problem

Its a shame that such a company would pre realease a game in such an unfinished way

I have had about four crashes to desktop during the run of the game.

The worst problem is that on the t2_wedge level I get a HORRIBLE hall of mirrors video distortion. If I look down slightly while on the walkways, I get a horizontal line across the screen. Everything above the line is fine, everything below the line is distorted.

The loading cutsceen of this level also is distorted and crashprone.

I also had the screen flashes, but got them to go away by turning off dynamic lighting.

Hi, these are a list of suggestions I've heard from other members of the TWL community (http://www.teamwarfare.com/forums/showthread.asp?forumid=104&threadid=82261) I decided to post here in hopes that Raven will know what a good part of the community would like to see to improve the competitive aspects of the game.

So here goes:

Sniper Rifle: Allow push while in zoom, allow movement while in zoom (so a shot can be charged up), also make it so zooming out doesn't go so slow.

Elevators: The CTF elevators need to be faster end of story. Also a defender can sit on the edge on one at the top of imperial ddrop zone and that elevator will be impossible to get on.

Spawn Points: It sucks when you kill off a few defenders with the flag and you continue on to your base and a defender you just killed spawns ahead of you.

Hit Detection: Hit detection has some problems (sometimes a shot will go through a player)

Sounds: Sometimes dead bodies will make strange sounds like force seeing makes

Team Energize: If you get a well organized team in ctf a group of team members can speed through maps with an auto energize script allowing the players to have infinite force to dispose of. A timer has been suggested to stop this from happening.

Jump Bug: If you have speed on and stop movement then press forward + jump, jump will only go as high as jump with two force stars instead of 3.

Better Demo Viewing System: Pressing a button will kick you out of the demo, pause, ff, and rw features would be nice.

Electric Gun: Every now and then you're model will stay electrocuted after getting hit by this.

Voice Commands: Being able to run and CTF useful commands would be nice.

Health: It is really nice that this game isn't as generous with health as JK2, but some maps have absolutely no health.

Weapon Placement: Better placement for defenders on CTF maps.

Golan Gun: Secondary shoots a bit too slow and it's annoying seeing the projectiles go through model's legs.

Rocket Bug: Lock onto someone with the rocket launcher, switch to saber, switch back to rocket launcher... the person will still be targetted and if you press primary fire it will cost one rocket ammo instead of two.

I know all of this isn't possible, but the CTF weapons community would REALLY like to see some of these changes made. I apologize for not mentioning any saber problems mentioned on the forum, but that's not my gametype so I don't know how to decipher what's wanted by a lot of people and what's not.

Originally posted by GEEZus

Sniper Rifle: Allow push while in zoom, allow movement while in zoom (so a shot can be charged up), also make it so zooming out doesn't go so slow.

You can move while zoomed in on a target...you just can't hold your charge.

Elevators: The CTF elevators need to be faster end of story.

They don't change maps. Mod 'em if you feel there's a need to (I don't -- I wallcling my way up anywhere).

Spawn Points: It sucks when you kill off a few defenders with the flag and you continue on to your base and a defender you just killed spawns ahead of you.

Quake's always been like this, but yeah, something could be done about this.

Hit Detection: Hit detection has some problems (sometimes a shot will go through a player)

This is an issue of ghoul2 and ping times.

Sounds: Sometimes dead bodies will make strange sounds like force seeing makes

Actually they crackle like Force lightning, and this is intended AFAIK. It's the new corpse removal, instead of simply having them fade out. A cvar to turn off that crackle noise would be nice, though.

Team Energize: If you get a well organized team in ctf a group of team members can speed through maps with an auto energize script allowing the players to have infinite force to dispose of. A timer has been suggested to stop this from happening.

It's better to just disable Team Energize if it's really a problem. I can still kill enemies even if they are energize-whoring. It just takes a little more thought.

Jump Bug: If you have speed on and stop movement then press forward + jump, jump will only go as high as jump with two force stars instead of 3.

Interesting. Are you certain this isn't just a case of not having enough force power left over to make the full jump?

Better Demo Viewing System: Pressing a button will kick you out of the demo, pause, ff, and rw features would be nice.

http://www.fraps.com

Electric Gun: Every now and then you're model will stay electrocuted after getting hit by this.

And while the shock effect continues, you can't fire a weapon. It's intended.

Voice Commands: Being able to run and CTF useful commands would be nice.

http://www.ventrilo.com

Health: It is really nice that this game isn't as generous with health as JK2, but some maps have absolutely no health.

I prefer health/shield pickups turned off myself.

Weapon Placement: Better placement for defenders on CTF maps.

The Tenloss is always within a close distance...if you're just going to spam alt fire on the repeater or Golan, making you go look for it isn't exactly a bad idea.

Rocket Bug: Lock onto someone with the rocket launcher, switch to saber, switch back to rocket launcher... the person will still be targetted and if you press primary fire it will cost one rocket ammo instead of two.

Heh that's a weird bug.

They have had over a year and a half to fix 1/2 of the stuff he listed.

The scripted team energize problem, the rocket bug, ghoul 2 hit detection and how it functions with this game much worse than it does with SoF 2. These were all things that had issues in JK2 and should not have been an issue in JA.

The stuff like spawn points/balance and such will be ignored 100% by them.

If they won't fix map exploits they sure as hell are not going to bother with game play tweaks like player spawn/item/weapon/ammo location.

the sniper zoom delay is much like a lot of the nerfs the ff/so people go dealt, it made no sense but that minor tweak made things more annoying than "balanced".

Honestly, I see most of this, as with saber people and their issues, being fixed via mod and mod only.

If anything, Raven has a history of "It's an issue? Ok, we took it out of the game completely. Every one is happy now right?" way of patching and I kind of would prefer they just release the SDK and stay away from anything that does not revolve around hardware/master list issues...

Originally posted by FK | unnamed

the sniper zoom delay is much like a lot of the nerfs the ff/so people go dealt, it made no sense but that minor tweak made things more annoying than "balanced".

I'm sure running around with the Tenloss and hitting alt-fire briefly and firing off a more powerful shot even with low charge was the issue, uj.

They just have to adapt to the new setup. I don't find it any clumsier than the old one, except the delay-to-hit on the Tenloss beam makes sniping "harder." Only because ghoul2 is so screwed up even if I place my shot right sometimes it doesn't hit because of ping issues. That = frustrating.

Archived