Home

[MAJOR SPOILERS] Advice needed for a JA boss [SPOILERS]

djs37

Yes, she is tricky, especially with that Sith Sword, which I think auto-Drains you...and replenishes her health.

To stop her doing that...you need to use Absorb pretty much all of the time. When she hits you with lightning, that will replenish your Force pool and allow you to use Force Heal to grab some health back. If you have enough Force mana, use Protect when you get in close to reduce some of the hit damage from the sword.

It will take you some time to defeat her - don't stand toe-to-toe and go at it or you will die fast.

You need to do some hit-and-run...keep your distance when wounded and then use Force Heal and let her use lightning on you...so you can Heal.

Hope that helps. ;)

Also...don't use Quick Saves...I tried that, and for some reason when I reloaded a Quick Save, her health was back up to full again. :|

Originally posted by JarJarBinks

All I do is wait till she attacks then I swing once, when I get to around 50 health I run away and heal to 100 then I quick save and continue doing the same thing. Oh, use force absorb alot too...

EDIT: Weird Storm, never happend to me...maybe its because I didn't die...

Nah...I didn't die (that time at least). I just had to go do something else, and when I came back I reloaded from that Quick save, and noticed her health had gone right up to full. So I tried reloading it again, and the same thing happened. Maybe the save file was corrupted somehow. :|

she has a healing type move. Not sure what pattern she uses it but she'll run off and a red glow will go all about her and she'll be full health.

I had figured that meant you needed to destroy the statue since I couldn't get her below half health without her healing but that wasn't it. Then I figured, maybe she is weakest after she heals. Was gonna try that but she didn't heal anymore at that point.

*shrug*

Hmm...I thought it was an easy boss. Then again, I did run around with my level; 3 force absorb the whole time...

But I am glad they chose to use a boss that you can really fight, unlike Desann, who just spammed lighting and unbreakable grip. He was tough, but annyong and impossibl to fight.

I was kinda disappointed with Desann. I used force speed and diced him up with strong stance before he finished his "I'm such a clever villian" speech. I could be wrong, but I think that Tavion just heals a certain amount of times. Like with any other enemy (except Rosh the first time) just cut away until she dies. I've seen no particular strategy that does her in, just be patient and look for openings. She moves pretty slow, so you can play cat and mouse when you need health.

Hmmm.. I might of just gotten lucky but I found Tavion to be really easy (killed her first try without a single death and the whole thing lasted about a minute), I had a lot more trouble trying to kill Kyle (which is normal for me, always seem to have a tougher time with light side jedi because they always protect and absorb). Granted I wasn't playing at Jedi Master level, just Jedi Knight.

I use duel sabers.. and my favorite little attack that works on most almost to easily. Crouch and press forward and attack and you do that twirly move with the two sabers making a little blender that kills just about anyone that gets into it. I just worked her back to a corner, rolled in with a stab then started going off on her with the blender and I dropped her in probably 5 seconds. Was disapointing really, after the tough duel with Kyle I had the first time was hoping this would be at least as challanging.

Like I said tho, I might of just gotten lucky or maybe using that attack is cheap. (shrugs) Thats what I did tho. (was also that move that beat Kyle eventually after several tries and a long battle before I finally got him against a wall and went to it)

Originally posted by Echostar

HI use duel sabers.. and my favorite little attack that works on most almost to easily. Crouch and press forward and attack and you do that twirly move with the two sabers making a little blender that kills just about anyone that gets into it. I just worked her back to a corner, rolled in with a stab then started going off on her with the blender and I dropped her in probably 5 seconds.

I did that same exact thing for Kyle! Poof! He was dead. And I also agree that Tavion was easy, but what about the time when Ragnos possessed her? He was harder.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by SamFisher

I did that same exact thing for Kyle! Poof! He was dead. And I also agree that Tavion was easy, but what about the time when Ragnos possessed her? He was harder.

Yeah, he always uses the force drain from his sword, then sucks out your health and heals himself at the same time.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished playing as both light and dark. Whooped Kyle's Jedi backside rather quickly - and totally stomped on Tavion and Ragnos.

But, I was just getting really good with the saber sword and Jedi speed.

Don't know why it took me so long to put those two skills together in use - but, I pretty much breeze through killin folks that way!!

Archived