Home

JA too easy

Saber_Burn

The difficulty scale is certainly lower than most first-person games i have played. Jedi mode was not a challange except for those reborn guys taht use power similiar to your own. Jedi Knight difficulty seems sofar not a higher challange, so i will simply start it up again on Jedi Master.

The idea of setting the amoutn of regenerated health through the Force Heal skill lower on higher difficulties was imho a bad idea.

I regenerates less, so what, you just wait and use it more often.

There are seldom areas where the field is cluttered with enemies and you have no time to rest and heal. What i miss are resawning enemies. That would bring and edge to game too.

A littel workaround for those who think its played to fast and easy. Spawn some enemies. Like 5-10 Reborn in a more closed enviroment. Then see if you are still alive after a few seconds ;)

After all the game is pretty addictive and worth playing through a couple of times.

How about some modders make a mod where the levels get cluttered with Imperial soldiers of all kinds and Dark Jedis respawning. That should put a lid on the "oh its sooo easy" feeling :D

From what i remember fromthe movies, any imperial base was always filled with Troopers and the like to the top. SO PLEASE MOD US SOME HEAVY DUTY ACTION!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I gotta say that imo this is too easy. I am playing my first go and in Jedi Master mode: 50 health and shields but enemies are still too dumb.

I bought it last night at asda and (without playing too obsessively) am at start of 3rd tier... and things are starting to get interesting - that rather heavy three-some where you tend to get a sore arse from all the spanking...

Must say that i have been having fun tho...

ot a bit i know but: no real incentive to find secrets like in the original JK (not outcast)

JK is still my favourite single-player experience out of the 3 (didn't play DF)

Originally posted by StormHammer

It took me about 20 hours to complete the game on Jedi Knight difficulty - and in parts, that difficulty level was a little too easy, but overall it was quite well-balanced. I just took my time, explored as much as possible, and had some great duels along the way. My only gripe with the game is that there was not enough depth to the tiered missions. The design was okay (mostly) but they could have done with some more fleshing out to give you a greater sense of purpose.

Same here. Some guy beat Splinter Cell in seven hours, because he rushed through it. They tell you about twenty hours to beat the game, and I think that's right on average. It's not Raven or LEC's fault if you rush through the game going, "QAHJAHHAHHAH ADRENALINE KILL KILL RWARRR DEATH METAL KILL KILL FORCE KILL FORCE SABER KILL WRRAAAA!!!"

On Jedi Master the bosses were difficult, but only because they had a lot of health and/or regenerated constantly. In JO that puzzle with the #$()(* pipe really got to me. I went and looked off the ledge and didn't see anything. I did this several times. I managed to miss the telescoping pipe every time somehow and had to look it up. Maybe I was just dumb, but that irked me.

Originally posted by Tesla

It took you 2 Days to complete it :confused:

It only took me 3 hours, but that was on Padawan. :p

But i don't think it was too short. :(

Ok, 26 missions in 3 hours? That's 7 minutes per mission.

I guess we know now to ignore anything you post.

Have you considered going into politics?

bif

I agree with everyone who says JA is way to easy... Because I'm a pretty experienced JO player I started JA on Jedi Knight Mode (Jedi Master lets you play with 50 health... Now that isn't a very nice way to set skill, but that's my opinion)...

Well, most of the fights were ridiculously easy. Just invest in protect (later on absorb) and heal and you're one indestructible mean mother****er!! Enemies with guns are nothing but toys, enemies with a lightsaber are... well... easy to beat too! Just use absorb and protect, or maybe, if you're a darksider, lightning and drain.

Some fights are hard, but they mainly involve end bosses. I didn't have too many problems with bosses, but

the final fight with tavion/kyle was frustating hard and is won with running away, plain luck and some lucky hack 'n slash work. I mean the LAST fight, the first tavion fight is doable

Pfff... sorry to say, but I finished JA in one day, with maybe two short pauses :rolleyes: Yes, I enjoyed it, I liek SW after all, but it was waaay to short and waaay to easy... They should've realised that JA is much like JO, and when you are good in JO, finishing JA is a joke!!!

Over all, I'm pretty dissapointed with JA SP. The new moves etc make it OK, but the missions are too short and lack a story... I must say that in a SW game, you should have a continuous story, not a series of missions with 'some connection' :rolleyes:

I just started playing on JM difficulty. Damn... it's not "hard" as such, but OMG.. one hit from the wookie bowcaster or a few other guns kill you dead. :eek: Lots and lots of quickloading and nothing you can really do to avoid that. 50 hp is just about as much as 5hp.

I think grip is a bit cheesy against most opponents though...

PS. Why couldn't I grip the mutated Rancor?! WTF is that?! I wanted to grip it and toss it around...and before you explain why >> remember what Yoda said in EP V when Luke tried to lift te X-wing from the swamp; "size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?" :D

Originally posted by Luc Solar

PS. Why couldn't I grip the mutated Rancor?! WTF is that?! I wanted to grip it and toss it around...and before you explain why >> remember what Yoda said in EP V when Luke tried to lift te X-wing from the swamp; "size matters not. Judge me by my size, do you?" :D

Hehe...:p good point. I'd love to choke some rancors to death

Originally posted by King Jezuz Pie

How do you turn max. dismemberment on in JA?

Bring up the console...

type:

helpusobi 1

then:

g_saberrealisticcombat 10

You will slaughter stormtroopers etc. by the drove but get ready to die alot more often when you fight other folks using lightsabers!

:eek:

:amidala: :amidala: :amidala:

I think I'm the only one who died a lot to the reborn/masters whatever.

It wasn't even lack of skill on my part. I'd do my move, hit them, and then while still in my move they'd one shot kill me (getting constantly one shot killed with full health and full shields is annoying).

In Outcast I could fight tons of reborn at once and win (especially with saberRealisitcCombat 1 on), and in Academy I'm getting tons of hits in before going down, but the one shot kills, and the super lightsaber resistant bodies in Academy got me.

I liked the game a lot though, it was short, and was a bit too linear, but then again, it IS a FPS not an RPG or anything. I liked it.

Personally, the only mod I really want is a swoop-bike racing mod :)

I'm a newb as far as this series goes. I played the demo of JO but that's where my experience stops. I think that the game is not easy for someone who jumps to Jedi experience and whom which has never played this series. Its taking me awhile...but I haven't actually had a lot of time to play 30 min a day maybe. I did expect the battles to be harder. I am only on the Tuskin Raider type mission. Like I said...I got the game sunday...and have only probably an hours worth of play time in. I expected these guys to be tougher and I am sick of the damn doors always being shut.

How do you turn max. dismemberment on in JA?

saberrealisticcombat does NOT work in JA, sorry to say. The new command is sabermorerealistic, but it's write protected, so you have to be sneaky to use it. ; )

If you visit this thread you will see a couple of methods to get it working for real (my method uses command lines in your JA SP shortcut):

http://www.lucasforums.com/showthread.php?threadid=111511

MP is much easier. Just enable the following:

g_dismember 100 (for the server so it is enabled)

cg_dismember 100 (for the clients, so they can see it)

Eh... why should I have to change this and that setting in a game to make it challenging enough?? I want it to be good when it comes out :rolleyes: I understand they wanted to make it playable for non-JK2 players, but c'mon... This is too easy, and when you've played it for the first time, it's never as fun as it was when you play it the 2nd time with all the 'realistic' settings...

Archived