Home

JA too easy

Saber_Burn

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me about 20 hours to complete the game on Jedi Knight difficulty - and in parts, that difficulty level was a little too easy, but overall it was quite well-balanced. I just took my time, explored as much as possible, and had some great duels along the way. My only gripe with the game is that there was not enough depth to the tiered missions. The design was okay (mostly) but they could have done with some more fleshing out to give you a greater sense of purpose.

The design was okay (mostly) but they could have done with some more fleshing out to give you a greater sense of purpose.

You mean being more than just Luke's henchman (or henchwoman)?

Come now, you should know better. A Jedi Knight in the New Republic erra is just a tool.

'-p

Well I really have to disagree with you there, i'm on Jedi Master mode

I went to the darkside (oh come on, Rosh is an ass) and I tell you, i've spent about 25-30 hours hours doing it and Kyle, at the end - He's indestrucatble. This game is not too easy! Pick something that suits your skills.

Its so easy because all the idiots cried that jedi outcast was to hard and to confusing. So what we got this time was a hack and slash game with a one way path and big huge signs saying "THIS WAY". It was a joke.

Though I guess if they made a game for smarter people, they wouldn't sell to many copies.

I started it on Saturday night, missed Sunday, played again Monday night and tonight (Tuesday) and have finished it - on Jedi mode. I'd agree that it was a bit too easy, I'm not sure if I'd say it was too short, just seemed it because you can rush through it due to the easiness. It could have done with more cosmetic customization, and probably a bit more as far as recognized enemies (ie - stormtroopers, imps) and their relevant backgrounds (ie - more levels in imperial looking bases). One good thing to come out of it if nothing else was the speeder bike chase and tangling with the mutated rancor had me for a bit.

Still a good game though...

:)

Originally posted by Tarus

Its so easy because all the idiots cried that jedi outcast was to hard and to confusing. So what we got this time was a hack and slash game with a one way path and big huge signs saying "THIS WAY". It was a joke.

Though I guess if they made a game for smarter people, they wouldn't sell to many copies.

I understand your point. A lot of people got fazed by the puzzles in Jedi Outcast, and simply gave up. I found some of those puzzles to be quite ingenious, and challenging - and I didn't get stuck, because I used the old grey cells. ;) The only time I referred to a 'walthrough' for JO was the Rubik's cube puzzle on the Doomgiver, because I just simply couldn't be bothered hopping around like a demented bunny rabbit looking for the right cubicles.

I have to agree that the level design in both JO and JA is very linear, which is a shame. Having even a token choice of different pathways to reach the same objective would have been appreciated - and I had to grind my teeth every time I encountered the 'locked door' syndrome. Even Jedi Knight allowed more flexibility in how you tackled some of it's levels, though it too was largely linear. But I digress...

I don't think JA was too easy. Perhaps some people are playing on the wrong difficulty setting - or they belong to some kind of hardcore elite that can beat a game in five seconds flat. Power to you...

I played it on jedi master mode...or whatever the 50 health mode is called.

I had to reload a few times but many were just because of the stupid slow motion. I was able to turn off the slowmotion death but doing super jumps and such still did the annoying slow motion. By time it got out of it, I was dead

The thing about the puzzles I hated most about JO was that most of them made little sense when it came to sheer practicality. I mean, why would they put communication access stations in places where only a Jedi can jump to use them? I can half-way buy the "repulsor craft" excuse, but on a Star Destroyer? Come on...

I played through it on Jedi Master mode in about 14 hours. The only thing that's difficult are the Reborn Masters and Tavion (I played through darkside on god mode just to see the ending quickly). The AI fighting sucks for the most part, they just have a lot of health. Challenging yes, but it still looks funny to do a roll stab through someone who has their saber flying out in the air somewhere and them not die.

Quote:

I played through it on Jedi Master mode in about 14 hours. The only thing that's difficult are the Reborn Masters and Tavion (I played through darkside on god mode just to see the ending quickly). The AI fighting sucks for the most part, they just have a lot of health. Challenging yes, but it still looks funny to do a roll stab through someone who has their saber flying out in the air somewhere and them not die.:

the only decent lvl in the whole game is when you are dark and its in the ragnoss lvl you fight jedi and reborn lots of fun but a really bad ending

:deathii:

Originally posted by Tarus

Its so easy because all the idiots cried that jedi outcast was to hard and to confusing.

I cried when I found out that the Imperials really lost the war because everytime they needed to talk to someone new they had to capture a jedi and hope they dialed the right frequency... the puzzles in outcast were stupid, not hard.

[edit] Half-Life had good puzzles. Outcast had horrid level design.

[2ndedit] Although I admit Academy didn't seem to last long -the tier missions were rather hit and miss. However, I've had the game for 5 days and I've completed it 5 times... I know, I'm rather strapped for something to do but this shows that despite it's shortcomings the sp game is still incredibly fun. :)

I also thought JA was a little too easy, at least in the first two tiers. By the time you get to the third tier and the last levels, it feels better, more challenging.

Mostly, I felt like there were too many fights with guys with guns, and too few fights against guys with sabers. I'd love to have had more 1 on 3 or 1 on 4 fights against saber armed sith.

I find people who claim a game is too easy on an easy difficulty to be rather redundant. Why do you think there are harder difficulties?

I agree right away that Outcast had bad level design. And I'm sorry but the puzzles, while in some cases intricate, boiled down to flipping switches or jumping challenges. That is not entertaining. I like the game, a lot, but more for the multiplayer experience. By comparison I think Jedi Academy is fabulously well done. Everything is just better presented. I disagree that the level design is poor, every level felt believable and unique. My only two problems are that the reborn/cultists were suckers for the strong stance overhead cut and that there isn't enough customization options. Otherwise I think it was very well put together, and a fantastic stepping stone to the next game in the Jedi Knight series.

I played on "Jedi Master" difficultie, and I must say that I thought it was easy too...

I completed it in about 6 hours. And JO took me 3 weeks...(I know, I was a noob...)

I think this is because of that JO was more of a "find-the-keys-and-buttons -to-open-doors" game. It made the game last longer, but it also made the game more boring.

And in JA, you could use force sense, so if you got stuck, you just could turn sense on, and find enemies, secret areas, objectives, etc.

Archived