Home

What does CMI i ahve to do with MI

Guybrush91789

Well you didn't really go on Monkey Island in MI2 either, just the underground tunnels beneath and Dinky Island. But yeah, CMI was designed with a different plot direction to what was intended with MI1/2 - it's still an awesome game though.

Of course, this article explains how the locations all fit together anyway.

What do those darned "Two Towers" have to do with "The Lord of the Rings?" What does a small wooden cup have anything to do with a man named after a State? Etc.

P.S....Do not answer these questions. They were to prove a point.

The two towers one didn't really prove a thing considering it has everything to do with the lord of the rings. And I really don't see any point to make, Guybrush91789 had every right to ask that question, a bloody good question it is.

The two towers one didn't really prove a thing considering it has everything to do with the lord of the rings.

A untrue, in my opinion. I never put down his question, just tried to answer it using examples, so you could see what I'm saying better.

My answer was also legit, considering I was showing the point that sequels can bring in new plots to bring depth to their game/movie.

Despite the fact that The Lord of the Rings had been intended from the start by Professor Tolkien to be a six part book (often published in three parts for those of you who are now lost) and The Two Towers was just another part which did indeed have everything to do with the story from the very start of The Lord of the Rings saga which is why both towers were featured in the second book to show that they would both be of some importance in the third book and later on.

And the point that you seemed to be making in your point was that there was no point in this thread, or at least the question and just saying that the curse had nothing to do with monkey island and therefore you shouldn't need to ask. I apologise if I am wrong, but that's the vibe I got from your post (do not ask why I used the word 'vibe', I'm currently listening to R Kelly)

Yes, yes, I know my Tolkien. It's my passion in life. I was just saying that having a "curse" in MI3 was another plot development...such as having the "Towers." The Lord of the Rings, books 3&4 just happen to involve two specific towers...no one is 100% sure which towers those were. When they published the book "The Two Towers" the publishers decided that it should be 3 books, not 6. It is said that Tolkien was forced to find a name for these 3 books, naming the second one "The Two Towers." He later quotes that this name is not satisfactory name for the book, and does not quite like the name.

I was saying that "The Lord of the Rings" is not wholly based around those Towers. It happened to involve many towers, but also envolved 4 hobbits, 3 Wizards, and many, many other things. Seeing that it was named after some towers in the book, it also could have been named "Nan Curunir," "Emyn Muil," or something of the sort. None of these are the basis of the book, or shown to us in the first book. The fact that we are introduced to them in "The Two Towers" does not make them irrevelant, or not necessary, but makes them different from the first book.

Sorry for any confusion.

With Love,

Ernil

Maaaan, now u have got me confused guys :D

Anyway, CMI has quite alot to do with the first 2 games...

It has guybrush in it as lead character for a start

as well as many of the characters from the first 2

it also includes monkey island in the game....

So, what isnt there in the game that is anything to do with the first 2 games?

Yes, but the carnival of the damned is supposed to be a dream i thought, as in something lechuck made up, and by the time guybrush was kidnapped at the last part of CMI the real carnival of the damned was ready... although i havent played the game for many moons so i cant really remember..

Archived