Home

New animations for JA?

tFighterPilot

It's really just a process that uber-mod teams are going to want to attempt, but that doesn't mean that people can't try.

Yes, I am writing a program to enable people to create new animations without breaking laws or the bank account.

Originally posted by CortoCG

Ppl was expecting to see new humanoid anims for JO too, and when we finally got them working I didn't see any worthy productions, just very cool attempts to enhance some animations.

Yeah, I was the only one doing it.

I made two shooting animations, the second was pretty good in my opinion.

Making animations was hell of a lot of fun, can't wait until till Wudan would finish his program :)

It will probably take someone with skill and determination to create animations on par with JO/JA's, because most of them are just damn excellent. But there's no reason your animations have to be excellent, only sufficient.

But there's no reason your animations have to be excellent, only sufficient.

I don't agree. This seems the same thing the Raven guys though. They've made many bad animations, and I have many ideas to change them. I'd like to change 'em, and if my father will get me 3dsmax I'll start animating too... But for now only imyourfather made the han solo's and the two handed animations...

The question, for now, is if there'll be another GLAtool for JA...

I'm not talking about replacing the animations, I'm talking about making new ones, for cutscenes and such.

This shouldn't be a problem. If you remember, the only way to play a completely new animations (I mean in a new BOTH slot) was via cutscenes (changing before the anims.h file, if I'm right).

The same thing was made from the Ravens staff Which made many different GLA files for many cutscenes...

Yeah, Dragon is free and it'll let you make new animations. As you can probably guess, it's not easy to make something as usable as Maya or 3dsm. I'd like to release it upon the unsuspecting populus someday, but I'd also like to make it work better first.

I know that I'd have a really extremely small userbase (maybe 10 users) and even after that, if I release something that isn't semi-intuitive and usable, I'd lose every single one and walk away feeling burnt.

I've put a lot of time in to this, and I'll put more time in to it just to make it work in a semi-useful fashion.

I know. I've downloaded that skeleton, But I've made some animations, and I've exported 'em as XSI (always with the imp/exp provided by raven with the SDK for JK2 used in 3dsmax 4.2) but once I try to import 'em again a message window pops-up and says: <invalid file extension> or something like that, so I think that I'll animate for JK2 until the original root and a new XSI imp/exp will be released...

Anyway, a free surely-working (doesn't matter how much it will take to learn it) animation program for JA should be useful...

Archived