Home

Test your system for HL2

Bob Gnarly

From another forum i visit:

Originally posted by saTHOMASo

ohhh man, a friend of mine just sent me that link:

:eek: official HALF-LIFE2 in-game graphics demonstration :eek:

(FTP-download; 116MB; demo-length: ~2-3minutes)

EDIT: just to make this clear! this is NOT A VIDEO FILE!! ... this actually is a DEMONSTRATION of the HalfLife²-Engine, with polygons and using the power of your graphiccard!

damn, the graphics look sweet as hell ... well there's not much action going on (you just run around on some house-roofs and see one alien-bug) ... but the textures are really great (everything looks as if it has just stopped raining and stuff, all wet and shimmering) and the ambient sounds kick mjor ass! icon14.gif

i can't wait any longer, till HalfLife² finally comes out!

does anyone know any reliable release date?

... all i know is that Valve postponed the date several times yet ... December 2003???

P.S.:

there is too much hype about all the hardware-requirements i think ... my friend's computer is ~1 year old and it runs smooth enough (around 30-40fps i guess) .... okay, the situation may be different if there`s action going on (and there WILL BE enough action goin on), but nontheless i thought it would not run that good on his machine

Yea, whether or not you can play this is really no test of whether you can play HL2. It's just a video...

But on the other hand, if you can't play it, then you definitely can't play HL2 :D

Archived