Home

Who's the best player on this forum?

saberhagen

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, Luke's Dad and I just finished the closest, most exciting, most enjoyable game I've ever played. He was Rebels and I was Naboo, and the game went for over an hour, neck and neck the whole way! I won in the end thanks to having nabbed four of the holocrons early.

This ladder certainly has renewed my interest and even improved my playing. It's a shame the forum is getting deader each day...

EDIT: I tried to put the recording on my webpage for anyone interested, but it won't work. So I can't show off :(

Vostok- Saberhagen and I were discussing the lack of ladder players as well as members of this forum. The trouble is, until GBG II comes out, it will continue to die if left to it's own devices. It is the sad way of game forums.

However, I know at least three friends (and certainly four if he ever gets his LAN worked out) that might be coaxed into joining the ladder and posting here. However, they are of course, not current members of this board. If you want, I coul.d try and get them involved, but don't wanna horn in, so lemme know. :)

I will play anyone, been discussing with Phreak if he wants to play a match, but he won't be available until next weekend at the earliest, so I'm up for soemthing. Any takers? I am prolly not that challenging an opponent (yet, that's why I need to play a lot of matches...to get better! ;) )

They can join the forum if they want, that's not really our forum so we can't control who comes in(although I do have some admin contacts ;) ).

If they wanna join, tell them to come here and post. We shall judge then if they're worthy of joining the private ladder.

New members are always welcome( PLZ I BEG YOU TO COME! WE'RE DYING HERE!).

Anyway, as long as they behave, don't flame, don't show-off, don't be jerks, don't think they're so greater then everyone, etc. They'll be accepted.

I don't think the experts will be interested as most of them tend to treat this forum with toal contempt. Mega already knows about the ladder and dismissed it as a waste of time. Anyway, if they were really interested they would have kept the public pro ladder going, but it's been dead since March.

Frozted: do you want to join?

BTW does anyone understand the scoring formula, cos I can't get my head round it at all. I can't see how it evaluates to the scores I actually got unless I've misunderstood it or their operator precedence is severely wrong.

I may well do the same and perhaps take a few steps towards reestablishing myself as a gaming god in my own right.

Or not. Overplaying of WarCraft III has left me slightly numb towards all sense of GB-style strategy. Shoot me, Sith... shoot me now.

But yes, I should be challenging someone pretty soon. It's just that normally I don't have the time to just sit down and play for several hours at a time.

"Play a game? Is that a requirement for staying on the ladder?"

Well, that is sort of the concept behind a ladder to begin with. :p

And I dunno what you guys are talking about. A good challenging GBG game (thats mean NO rushing) can take a very long time. But I don't see why you couldn't start a game one day, then finish it next time ya got the chance. That's what I do with the games I play.

Originally posted by Admiral Vostok

Note that is not a request for your dress and dance routine, Phreak.

*gets dress*

Are you sure? Alright...

*puts dress and jukebox away*

Said by Frozted_M&M's

No i don't want to join itll be 2 over-powered since ive been playing on the zone for 2 years..

Are you saying you'll overpower us? Well... overpower me is probably true, but I think saber and some others would own you <.<

Speaking of saber... I bet $30 he'll win the ladder! :D

Frosted, this comes from experience. It doesnt matter how long you have been playing on the Zone, it matters who your opponents are. When I first got the game, I played in rook games for a long time, not chalenging myself, and winning a lot. But I was really only a good rook at best still. It wasn't until I started playing people above me (inters) that I got better. The smae thing happened with inter games soon. I just kept playing them and winning, and not challenging myself with games with good players. So playing for 2 years can mean nothing.

And, as for your statement about saber-I played many an inter+ game, and never saw you either. In fact, I only saw pbguy, who lives in my state and plays when I do only whenever I invited him.

Archived