Home

Who's the best player on this forum?

saberhagen

Just curious as to what you all think (and wanted a new thread about the actual game rather than about some new game that you've made up). It's an open ended question and depends on your definitions of "player" and "on this forum". I decided not to do it as a poll as the format is too restrictive, and I would have had to make an initial judgement to narrow it down to 10, which I'm not really qualified to make.

I'll have to vote for Skythe as he's the only person I've played who has actually posted here. Although Mega is probably better I only have his reputation to go on (I'm not worthy to play him on the zone and wasn't unlucky enough to draw him in the tourneys I've played in!) and I suppose he's a ringer as he only started posting here this week after I lured him here. ;)

So anyway, post away...

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm disappointed - where's all the arrogant egotistical posturing that I hoped to stir up? ;) You're all too reasonable. Imagine the intense flame wars which would ensue from a similar post on the GiRL forums...

Anyway, wouldn't it be fun to have a competition so we can actually find out? We could have grudge matches to settle arguments between certain people who hate each other. We could even have a team challenge - purists vs EU fans. What do you think?

What if we don't fall into either category: the people who play the game cause its a good RTS, with the whole SW stuff as an added bonus. I dont give a crap whether GL thinks that the Gungans didn't specifically ride on a certain animal, as long as the game works and is well balanced and well thought out, Im fine.

EDIT: I dont think many of you were around long enough to remember the effects of the last grudge match on these forums (i'd check like page 7-9 of the last dreaded gunship thread for a refresher)

I did a bit of reading of the Gunship thread(s) the other day in preparation for my design of the Galactic Republic. Now that was a good war.

Purist vs EUist war... now that would be fun. To cater for Sith we'd have to have a third faction: Indifferentist.

I would of course command the Purists, and I'd suggest Phreak take control of the EUists, and of course Sith for the Indifferentists. Unfortunately the Purists would probably lose the battle, as I'd insist on only using canonical units, putting us at a slight disadvantage :D

i USED to be very good... then my hard drive slowed down and made it a bit of a pain to play games on the zone as my screen/game would freeze for a second or so every now and then... once i fix that i'll be back! but that entails buying a new HD and also adding a little more RAM for sh*ts and giggles..

Actually purists can be the following:

Confeds: they get pretty much everything, although it doesn't necessarily function the same way as the movies. Confeds are also the only civ who gets their Cannon.

Empire: They get a fair bit though you have to rely on TIE Fighters for Anti-Air purposes.

Rebels: Again you need to rely on Air for Anti-Air purposes, but that is not a problem at all for Rebels. They get no Mechs or Heavys, though.

Trade Federation: They get most things, but again with the reliance on Droid Starfighters.

Republic: They get most things, though it's a bit of a stretch since their Worker is actually the Waitress droid from Dexter's Diner.

The rest you can't do because:

Naboo: Their worker is not Canon.

Gungans: Their worker is not Canon and they have no Canonical units that can shoot Air.

Wookiees: Your army would consist entirely of Troopers.

The Imperial worker is a bit dubious as well. IIRC the only ASP 7 is in ANH special edition at Mos Eisley. I don't think we see any of them working for the empire.

As for the Rebs: you'd better be very good at trooper rushing, cos you'll die in T3 without mechs or heavies.

And I don't think I'd fancy playing Empire without pummels or artillery...

Yeah, artillery is the best general purpose weapon. It's not particularly good against any one thing, but it's not particulary bad at anything either. It can be destroyed very quickly by mounties (if they get near it) but doesn't take much damage from other things.

Pummels are the only viable way to quickly take down fortresses or CCs in T3. You can get a CC with art or even massed mounties, but it takes longer, costs more and you have to send in more units to counter defenders.

BTW if you're confed, reeks are the best thing to use against turrets.

Yea but reeks aint available until T3 which is kinda a waste since hardly anyone uses the animals with the confed civ.

Artillary is one of the best units in the game they can crush mechs when massed and slaughter entire groups of troops with ease any successful army in the game will have a few artillary in it.

Ohh and for all us gamers/multiplayers in the forums we don't care about what civ we fight with cause they all the same anyways and we still kick ass just bonuses and 1 unique unit per civ is the only difference ohh and a few less techs which we all work around.

Now that vostok mentioned the confed cannon I finally remembered where I saw it :D, confed cannon is a large step since it definately did not have that purpose in the movie and we didnt really see it for long enough to see what it fully looked like.

The gungan worker is a design that was gonna be used for the gungan species but wasn't so the designers used it for this game instead so its now the gungan worker.

Archived